Chapter 10 Play Mate

After waking up Ren, I sense confusion that is soon replaced by anger. Kylo's deep brown eyes are burning with anger and hatred. He looked so peaceful before I had woken him, his emotions were happy and content. But now he is staring at me with enough ferocity to kill a sandworm.

"What do you want (Y/n)" Ren barks angrily.

"I came to give you dinner, you need fluids. I also need to change your bandages" I explain.

"If you must" he retorts.

I hand Ren the tray with the bowl of soup and a spoon. He takes it and stares at the tray. I shake my head slightly and roll my eyes before I move to his leg. I pull the roll of gauze out of my tool belt and set it on the bed beside his leg. Gingerly I grab his leg and begin to peel off the blood soaked bandages. I hear deep growls coming from Ren as I do so. I look over to his face, he is in-between bites of soup and pain is clearly displayed on his face.

"Ren, this part will hurt more than taking off the bandages," I say softly.

"I told you, pain is no issue," he says plainly.

I grab the ointment from my belt as well and gently rub it on the deep cut on Ren's leg. He winces and almost drops the tray, but out of the corner of my eyes see him tightly grip the bed sheets. I take the clean bandages and pull a long strip. I take a deep breath before tightly wrapping it around his leg. All the while Ren is gritting his teeth and gripping the sheets. I cut the strip and look at Ren. I can feel his pain and it is crushing me, I don't want him to hurt more than he is.

He senses my hesitation and makes direct eye contact. I can hear his voice in my head: continue, continue. I try to push him out, but he pushes back even harder, eventually I can't control my body and I am on autopilot. I can't control my limbs and my body moves on its own. Quickly, my body starts to de-gauze, clean and apply ointment to the rest of Ren's wounds. I realize that he is forcing me to do this to him, he is holding back wines and whimpers. I know he wants to scream but he just contorts his face and grips the bed.

After all, he wounds have fresh new gauze on them, I am able to control my body once again, I stare at him angrily and rush out of the room. How could he do that to me, force me to hurt him? I storm into the kitchen and fix a bowl of soup for myself. I slip into a chair and shovel steaming hot spoonfuls of soup into my mouth. My mouth is scorched but I don't care, after I finish "eating" I throw the bowl into the sink.

At that moment Hux walks in the door, looking pleased with himself. He is radiating pride. Every now and then he casts me smug looks and chuckles to himself. He triumphantly struts into the kitchen and pours himself a bowl of soup. He sits at the table and eats happily. Eventually, I decided to give in and see what he is so chipper about.

"What are you so happy about Hux," I say feigning interest.

He dramatically lays his spoon down and faces towards me. " I have negotiated with Supreme Leader Snoke, he has granted us permission to stay on this planet as long as needed for Kylo Ren to recover," he says proudly. Hux looks at me waiting for me to praise him and throw myself at his feet, but I simply nod and leave the room to go into one of the smaller bedrooms.

I throw myself on the bed and stare at the ceiling. I know now I cannot stay I this house all day, I kick off my shoes and socks. I cover myself up and drift off to sleep.

~*~

I wake up in the morning and drag myself to the bathroom. I knock, waiting for a response but none comes. I shower and wash my face and hair. I wrap a towel around myself and jog to my room, I put on the clothes provided for me and walk into the kitchen. I grab some fruit from the fridge and make a quick fruit salad, I eat it and walk to Ren's room. He is still asleep or at least giving the appearance of sleep when I walk in. I set a small bowl of fruit salad on the side table next to the bed. I walk out of the room and see a flash of Hux before he disappears into the bathroom.