*~*23*~*

I'd say we were close enough so that I could feel his breath on my cheek, but something like him doesn't need to breathe. 

I felt the heat of the fire in his left eye, and could practically taste the toxin of the blood stains from the crater in his skull.

He lowered his Stetson, so that only his fiery eye lit up the darkness clouding his face. 

My heart was pounding, racing, it leapt into my throat, choking the words out of me.

I slammed the side of my head against the door, as he pinned me against it, and put the strange-looking knife to my throat.

"Well, you're wrong."

He lowers the knife, and moves my head to face him.

"But, hey. They can't all be winners, right?" he lifts my head, so I'm looking at him, and brushes back my hair.

"You know, out of all the humans... You were always my favorite. That's why I brought you back. You're entertaining. You're like me."

I stay quiet, listening.

"You're like me... because you'll do what you have to do. Not out of desire for... good... or evil. But... because you think you can. ...And because you think you can... you...- Oh. You've heard all that before, huh? Cause you're not new. You're not special."

"...I don't know what you're-" he pushes my arms back down by my sides as I try to push him away, try to run, "-Talking about."

I fight him, clenching my teeth, I struggle, until he buts his hands on either side of my head, and then rests them on my shoulders, "Sure you do. You're just another determined human. You're all fighting for everything, and yet nothing at all. Fighting for something you don't understand."

"...You're... You don't know that."

"And see, you're wrong again.  Because, I do. Because, I've seen a thousand worlds, reset a thousand more, and yet... There's never been something like you.  Because, you're not... you, are you?"

I looked at his eye, "...What are you saying? Of course I'm me!"

"You're... ______. Sure. But, you're not... JUST her. You were once... someone else. In a different world, a different timeline. You remember ...the man he used to be... don't you? And not just the nice bit.. but... the comedian..." I freeze for a moment, "...too."

"I don't know what the hell you're saying- He's gonna die!"

"Oh c'mon. Do I have to remind you?" He held up the knife.

"Go ahead, scream. Cry out into the darkness.... After all, did it ever work before? When you were in the jail cell... or... when you first fell down...? 'Cause, Sure, you cried out for help..." his eye glows a dark purple, "But nobody came." 

"N-no, I have no idea-"

"...Really, Chara? Don't you have anything better to do?" 

I froze, and shut my eyes, leaning my head against the wall. The force he was putting on my shoulders was the only thing keeping me from crumbling to my knees.

"Remember much?"

I shook my head, my eyes still closed.

"Not even me?"

"Why would I remember you?"

"You're MY Chara. From my universe, my timeline. Bloodtale. You were fused with Asriel, who had a piece of your mind secluded to himself. And you didn't die, because he had made you... feel remorse. Feel... pity, on humans. Enough to make you happy staying underground. And... you never hurt us. You never- killed us. Even after... Frisk died."