Norminah: Wrong Place, Wrong Tme

"Dinah Jane Hansen, a dangerous serial killer, has escaped from a maximum security prison in upstate New York. She has been missing for approximately 3 hours and is considered highly dangerous. She is Polynesian with dark brown wavy hair and brown eyes. She's about 5-foot-9 and 135 pounds. If you happen to see her, it is imperative that you do not engage her. Call the police immediately. This is Kristine Johnson with WNBC 4. Stay safe, New York."

I continued sipping my coffee, casually watching the commercials that followed the news report.

"Pretty scary to think a serial killer is loose on the town, isn't it?" a woman asked, her eyes on the TV as well. She looked to be in her mid-twenties, probably about the same age as me. She had on sunglasses, which looked good on her.

"Yeah, I guess." I said absentmindedly.

"Why do you only guess?" she asked looking at me finally.

"I'm not really big on judging people that I don't know, or commenting on situations that I don't know much about." I said quietly.

The woman chuckled, "So you're one of those, huh?"

"Pardon? One of those?" I repeated, trying to get clarification on what exactly it meant to be 'one of those'.

"One of those, 'I see the good in everybody and there's no such thing as a bad person, just someone who makes bad choices' people." she said in an annoyed tone.

"I'm just saying I don't like to judge people that I don't know." I said, rolling my eyes before taking a sip of my coffee.

"Whatever." the woman said, turning her attention back to the news which now was showing dogs jumping through hoops.

"Hey, Normani! Ready to pay?" the waitress asked me.

I smiled widely at her and nodded, before giving her my card.

"Who drinks coffee this late, anyways?" the woman next to me asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Obviously, I do." I said pointing to the coffee mug in my hand. Dana, the waitress, brought back my card and I signed the check before grabbing my bag and standing up.

"Anyways, I would say it was nice talking to you, whatever your name is, but it really wasn't that pleasant. So goodbye and have a wonderful night." I said to the lady with a fake smile.

"My name is DJ, and, trust me, it wasn't pleasant for me either." she said with a smile of her own.

"I've never met a girl named DJ." I commented.

"I've never met a girl named Normani. What's your point?" she asked.

"How do you know my name?" I asked, becoming slightly scared.

"The waitress said it, genius." she said with a small smile.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm leaving." I turned around and opened the door.

"Have a wonderful night, Normani. Take care." DJ called after me. I gave her a thumbs up without turning around and then walked out of Denny's.

I walked to my car, being careful to check my surroundings. I quickly got into my car and started it. I tried to buckle my seatbelt and failed several times before finally succeeding. I looked back up and saw DJ standing at my window. I gasped, slightly startled. I put my hand over my chest and felt my heart beating out of control. She had her hand up like she was about to knock on the window. I rolled down the window slightly.

"Yes?" I asked, shakily, still trying to recover from the scare.

She chuckled and smiled, "You left this in Denny's." She held up my debit card and slipped it through my cracked window. I took it gratefully and flashed her a friendly smile.

Fifth Harmony ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara