7♚

I found out that they moved up the coronation, so we have another month. And due to the contest, college starts in September. Yay. Should I be excited? Maybe.

Art is at another interview. Then there's me. At the orphanage. Actually, I'm enjoying myself. The kids are great.

A little girl stole my heart almost immediately. Her light blonde hair matching her light blue eyes and pale skin. She's like Snow White in real life. Their mistress, or Mother, as some of the younger kids call her, was very happy that we stopped by. The place looked pretty worn down, with stains in some corners, and the wall paper on the walls was ripping down. But the head mistress didn't seem to mind.

"So I assume you'll open a new orphanage for us?" The head mistress asked, her eyes looking hopeful.

I didn't know what to say at first.

"Well I...I'm not the princess yet, but I will try my best."

She let out a soft sigh, but straightend her back, "Very well. This orphanage has roughly about 40 children, 16 boys and 24 girls. Most have been here since they were born. The oldest is Jack, age 17 and the youngest, Melodi, age 4." She nodded towards the pale little girl who was in my arms.

This is worse than the pet store. I smiled at the little girl. Karina was taking notes in the far off corner, and the security guards were patrolling the area. A few reporters have somehow slipped in.

"Would you like anything to drink, your Highness?" The mistress asked me.

I shook my head, "No, thank you."

She smiled and nodded, then she called to an elderly woman, "Haily, you should call the kids to lunch."

"Alright," she answered back, "but I'm afraid they won't have supper nor breakfast."

The mistress sighed, "I knew this was going to occur. No food, and soon they'll close down the orphanage." Then as if she noticed that in was still there, gasped, "I'm terrible sorry Princess! I hadn't meant to blab."

I smiled, this indeed was a problem, I can't bear the thought of seeing them like this. "Its alright, and you know what? I'll do everything in my power to open up a new orphanage."

Her eyes shined, "You would really do that?"

"Of course!" I said bravely, though I didn't know if I would be able to keep that promise. Looks like I'll stick around for awhile.

The girl got out of my arms and pulled my hand, "Can you play with me?"

"Of course darling." The mistress let me go while she went to talk to the elderly woman. The girl, who I learned was Melodi, led me to a small corner where she took out two dolls.

"Here, you play with daisy," she handed me a doll with brown hair, "and I'll play with Vera." She held on to the other doll, "They are going to the pool party, so pretend there is a water park with other people."

I laughed, and pretended that I saw a water park and made my voice go up a little bit.

We played like this for a few minutes until I saw that Karina was looking our way.

"Is everything alright?" I asked her, pausing our waterslide ride.

Karina smiled, and shook her head, "No, it's just cute the way you two are playing." She waved her hand towards us.

I shrugged, "She is pretty cute." I grinned at the little girl, who blushed a light pink.

"Alrighty, you have five minutes, so finish up."