38. Say You Won't Let Go

*He wasn't expecting to fall in love so unexpectedly, but he did and he hopes she won't let go.*

When Calum first met Y/N he didn't know what to expect from her. He was introduced to her through a friend and she wasn't anything like the people him and his friends hung out with; she was the exception and it gave him whiplash in a way.

She was a bit of a bookworm, a movie fanatic, and a music lover, and she collected random things that seemed cool to her.

Before they met he was in a bit of a dark place and wasn't himself and after they meet it changes everything.

They met at a Halloween party and she was a made up alien. She wore a silver wig and wore a headband with antennas that had silver balls on the end; her costume consisted of shiny black pants a glittering silver shirt dress and combat boots.

Her makeup was really cool too, she had silver body glitter on the outer parts of her face and she wore black lipstick. She was completely different and he thought that was something.

The party had been in full swing before they were introduced; he was wearing all black and his T-shirt said costume on it and when he saw one of his friends pulling the made up alien along he sighed nervously.

"Yo, Cal," his friend yelled over the music. "This is Y/N, I've been waiting forever to introduce you."

Calum's eyes met hers and she smiled brightly at him and yelled, "Hi!"

He smiled and nodded to her and she asked him to dance and who wouldn't want to dance with this interesting alien; they dance the whole night.

After that night they started hanging out a lot more and Calum started to feel more alive. She never judged him or anyone and seemed to always listen when he needed her to; she was there for him every time. He enjoyed talking to her and being around her.

He rarely felt that way about anyone.

He knew he loved her a couple of months later. It was no secret that they were close; everyone seemed to notice that that had a soft spot for one another. He was protective of her in a way that was unbelievably loving.

They were so drunk one night after having a small get together at her house and once everybody left he stayed behind to help her. She drank so much that she ran to the bathroom throwing up and he he came behind her and held her hair back.

After a few minutes, she sighed and looked over her shoulder at him and smiled as if she was laughing at herself.

"Sorry you have to see me like this, Cal."

He stared at her and was stone cold sober for a minute and pulled her close to his chest; his heart was pounding and in that second he knew he loved her and would do anything for her. He wouldn't tell her that yet though because he's afraid that she'll want to let go. For now he would play it cool even if he needed her.

"Will you stay over?" She asked.

Calum kissed her forehead, "You need to rest."

He held her a little longer because he didn't want to let go and made sure she was good to leave the bathroom. He put her to bed and cleaned everything up so she wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning.

The next day he came over with coffee and breakfast to wake her up. He walked into her room and sat on her bed, kissing her forehead she felt the movement and rolled over and opened her eyes. He thought she looked so beautiful right then. She smiled at him and he said, "I brought you your favorites."

She sat up taking her coffee and breakfast and he settled down beside her and they turned on a movie and she sighed, "You're the best."

He smiled to himself as he ate his own breakfast.

He planned to do even better and it started with him having to tell her how he felt; he finally told her several months later.

They were alone and she was laying against him and he assumed she was asleep as he ran his fingers through her hair. The movie they were watching was almost over and he sighed deeply trying to think of the right words.

"I know I should've told you when I realized, but Y/N I'm so in love with you," he spoke aloud in a whisper. "I've kept it bottled up for months because I'm afraid you'll let go. You've been there for me and made me feel like I'm enough through everything. I want to live with you, even when we're gray and old and I'm going to love you until my lungs give out. I want to live with you even when we're ghosts. You're so beautiful and you get better every day. You're everything and I hope you know that. I love you more than words can describe and I think my lucky stars for the night we met because I didn't know I could feel this way," He sighed. "Maybe I'll tell you soon."

What he wasn't aware of was that she'd heard every word and she was in tears.

In the next moment she looks over her shoulder at him and smiles, "I love you."

He freezes and and says, "You heard that?"

She nods and leans in kissing him softly.

They pull apart after several minutes and he looks into her eyes, "Say you won't let go."

She kisses him again, "I'll never let go."

Two years later they're married and he promises to give her everything she wants until his lungs give out. 

Six years later he takes their two children to school, waving them goodbye and makes sure to get her favorite breakfast to wake her up with.

He steps into their bedroom and she's laying there like an angel to which he leans down kissing her forehead; she wakes up a moment later and smiles at him and greets him with a kiss on his lips.

He wants to spend the rest of his life dancing with her and feeling so pleased with how far they've come, just them until they're gray and old.