22. Everybody Talks

*People shouldn't believe everything they hear.*

I jumped at the slam of the front door as I dried myself off after my shower. I rolled my eyes, Calum's home, I thought. And he's pissed about something. I sighed as I finished, but knowing he was in a pissy mood made mine sour when I'd been feeling pretty good.

Once I had pajama shorts on, I walked out of the bathroom as he emerged into the room with a scowl on his face.

He didn't acknowledge me, which meant he was more than pissed. I made my way toward him, sitting on the bed, saying, "What's wrong, Cal?"

If looks could kill, I'd have been dead before he walked into the room. He stares at me for a long time, but I'm too confused to really understand why he's so mad. He shakes his head, finally ripping his eyes from me and says, "I'm sure you know."

"About?" I wonder.

He rolls his eyes and yells, "I know all about it, Y/N!"

I narrow my eyes in confusion, "What're you even talking about?"

He laughs bitter laugh, "What the fuck! I'm not stupid."

I scoff, equally as pissed as him now as I yell, "It would be nice if I knew what you were talking about!"

He stands to his feet and starts pacing, "I know you fucking cheated!" What the..what!? Cheated? On him!? Me!?

I start laughing, but he glares at me. I shake my head and say, "Fuck you, asshole. I can't believe you. Get the fuck out of my face."

He stares at me again, this time confused as I had been. He sighs, "What?"

I look at him incredulously, "Do you really think I would cheat on you? Have you seen me? I'm not exactly confident. I was lucky to end up with someone as wonderful as you, but after two fucking years you're accusing me of cheating. I'm not even attractive and I'm not sure why you wanted me."

He doesn't say anything, so I have to ask him, "What makes you think I cheated on you?"

"Pictures, people, twitter. I don't know, I've been hearing it," he replies and shakes his head sighing. "People are literally throwing it in my face asking how it feels to be cheated on."

I look at the ground, glaring hard as I speak in a deadly calm tone, "Get out."

He breathes out, "What?"

"Get out. Right now."

He's about to say something, but I speak out again, "Get the fuck out before I get out."

He walks out and I breathe in relief. I can't believe him. I don't understand how he could think I cheated on him. I take a seat on our shared bed and stare at my hands as I think about the fight.

There has to be a reason he believed what the media said.

Calum hasn't really had it easy lately, because he misses his freedom and privacy. I understand that he doesn't get that anymore, but his celebrity status caused that. I feel sorry for him and just wish that I could make it better, but first I need to get to the bottom of this supposed cheating situation.

I walk out of our room and into the living room. He's sitting on the couch with his head in his hands and his shoulders seem to be shaking. I figured the supposed cheating wasn't the only thing that was eating at him.

I sat next to him as I took a deep breath and said, "I'm sorry. I overreacted to what you had to say for the reason that you're angry." I place my hand on his shaking shoulder, "Cal, I thought you trusted me."

He sniffles, "I do."

"Then why would you believe the media like that?" I ask calmly.

He shrugs, "I've just heard around so much and I knew you would never do that to me, but then I just started thinking about how scared I am to lose you and I got paranoid."

I wrapped my arms around him saying, "I'm not going anywhere, I'm with you and just ignore the media, because everybody talks and in the end only we know the truth, because those people make up rumors to satisfy themselves, because they have no life."

His arms go around my waist as he buries his face into my neck and says, "I'm sorry."

I sigh as my grip tightened on him and say, "It happens. Just remember that I love you."

He pulls back and kisses me before saying he loves me too.

I'm sort of back, sorry for disappearing practically all summer, I haven't been well in forever. Anyhow, I really appreciate the votes, reads, and comments.