He realized, being appreciated with enough enthusiasm was at times more than enough. Right now, seeing her tread carefully, barefoot on the petals, swirling, twirling, in the candle light glow was more than any reward, any words; she could have offered to him.

“Arjun,” Radhika whispered, as she bend down and picked up few red petals in her palm,” thank you,” she blew them away and captivated, watched them swirl around.

He walked towards her and cupped her chin, forcing her to meet his eyes,” Radhika, you deserve the best.”

She met his gaze and seeing his intense look, her heart skipped a beat,” I believe it.”

Arjun stood up straight, taking her hand in his, running his fingertips on her knuckles, guided her towards the table, where she could see a champagne glistening to be drunk,” Some Champagne?”

Radhika nodded as her nerves went on an over drive, everything was so beautifully set, just like she always had dreamed of, but did she want this? Of course, she wanted him; she was more than ready for him, he was everything she had ever wanted in a man, he was considerate, caring, sweet, ambitious; everything that her heart desired. There was no doubt in her mind but what about the morning. Should she think of the consequences before jumping into action or just let her heart guide her through the night. Radhika, as far as she remembered had never been careless when it came to such intimacy, now what was she expected to do. Shy away from her desires? Was this just a want or becoming her need?

No, she added, as she enjoyed the feel of his hand in hers, she would never let him become her need.

He was just what she wanted and knowing him, she was sure, not to expect any commitments or words of promise. She knew that, she was prepared for that. This was a one night deal, that’s it. Tomorrow morning, she will collect her thoughts, her feelings bury them deep and simply leave with her dignity intact. Hurt, pain would follow rejection, but she would deal with them later, right now, she did not want to think about them.

Thoughts led to over- analysis, they always hazed the brain, and she wouldn’t do that today. She wouldn’t think.

Yes, that is what she would do. She wouldn’t think of it much.

At all.

Maybe this was not the right chapter of her life, maybe it was. Who was she to judge? She had lived all her life following guidelines, but today she wanted to feel free. Feel the love even if it was for just one night. Today, she would let go of her inhibitions, he may have rejected her once long time back, but come tomorrow morning, she wouldn’t give him the chance to reject her again, and it would be the other way around.

Her dormant feelings wanted an escape, she wanted to burn, to experience, to feel.

For now, she would ease into him and see the world from his eyes, entwining her heart with his; one night, free of barriers; this night, free of needless obstacles; this one night she would give to him, would imbibe it deep in her heart and treasure it forever.

Radhika came out of her thoughts as she felt Arjun tug her hand; he had already popped the bottle and poured the contents.