Escape From Antoria pary 17

Start from the beginning

"Right well, I'm gonna remove the bullet...um you got any sterile tweezers and rubber gloves so I can pull it out? You know a first aid kit?" I asked.

"Umm yeah I think we got one off of the strange travellers...I'll go get it." With that he rushed out from under the shelter. I picked up a cloth from a bowl of cool water that was lying next to Ingrid and placed the cool cloth across her brow. Man I'm like a proper nurse.

Sam came back not even a minute later with a small white box that had a reed cross on it. I snatched it from his hand and quickly opened it up searching frantically through the contents. I finally found some tweezers in some rubber gloves, good. I put on the gloves and then I got out an antiseptic wipe and cleaned around the wound. I discarded it on the floor and then took a few deep breaths. God this is soo scary.

"Sam can you get whoever it is that heals so that as soon as I remove the bullet you should be able to heal it like any other wound." He nodded and rushed out of the tent calling someone's name as he went. He quickly returned with a woman by his side. "Right...I can do this...Yup ...I can do this..."

I sat up on my knees and then peered into the wound. Damn blood stops me from seeing anything. Damn my fingers are gonna have to do the job. Eep. I slowly extended my hand out and then gently inserted a few fingers into the wound. This is soo not gross at all. Surprised I haven't passed out yet cos damn I hate blood makes me feel all queasy.

I slowly navigated my fingers until I felt my fingertips brush something small hard and cold. "Okay I think I found it. Can you pass me the tweezers I don't want to stretch the wound trying to grab it with my hands." I felt cool metal being placed in my hands. I'm soo glad for the bright lights or I'd be totally screwed.

Using my fingers that were buried in the wound I directed the tweezers until I heard the faint noise of metal coming in contact with metal. Okay. I pulled one of my fingers out so I could see better and then used the other two to keep the wound open. I then used the tweezers and carefully caught the expended bullet. Slowly I pulled it from of the wound and held it up triumphantly.

"Got it!" I looked over at the woman. "Right do your healing magic." I said as I cradled the bullet in my palm. I can't believe i did that.

"Looks like you did my job for me." A small voice said behind me. What the hell...who did what?

"What?" I asked

"Just what I said, she's all healed up, better than even I can do actually." I looked over at Ingrid and saw her once pale cheeks were flushed with colour and her blood streaked skin was now immaculate where the bullet had once been.

"H-How did that happen? Did you do that? Man that was fast I thought you had to do spells and stuff..."

"I didn't do anything...you on the other hand most definitely did"

Is she crazy I was too focused on the damn bullet and surely I would have noticed if I did magic. "I didn't do anything and neither did you...then who did?" I got my answer from the strange feeling that swept over me as I felt the baby move in my stomach. It was like I could feel the magic the child already possessed. I wouldn't be surprised if my hair was standing on end because of the energy that was surging within my stomach. "Actually, I think it might have been ...her..." I said pointing at my stomach.

"B-but...no it couldn't be...that's impossible!! Sorcerers and any other magic folk only come into their powers at eighteen. Your child isn't even born yet...impossible." Sam kept muttering. Damn idiot could keep muttering impossible but I knew it was the truth.

"Then feel this." I said grabbing his hand and lying it on my stomach which now that I looked at it seemed to have gotten bigger. Dude this baby is gonna give me stretch marks. I watched as Sam's face went from confused to a mask of total and complete shock.

"Oh my god, this child truly is a gift from Rosmardin. You don't think that ...the child could be the third? The prophesy did say it would swiftly follow after the two became one." I had to stop myself from singing Spice Girls at this. Then the impact of his words weighed in. Could my unborn child really be the third part of the trinity? I don't see why the hell not. Damn it I've managed the whole Immaculate Conception so don't see why she couldn't be special.

"I don't know. I did get pregnant without ever doing the deed so yeah don't see why not but don't set your hopes on it there's a chance that she might not be the third part of the trinity." I said as I rubbed my stomach absently.

"She??" Sam asked looking at me somewhat quizzically.

I just shrugged my shoulders. "Felt bad calling it 'it'."

I heard a groan emanating from Ingrid and managed to look up in time to see her eyes flicker open.

"Sam?" She asked her voice strong as ever not even sounding like she had even been injured.

"I'm here honey." Sam said with relief spreading across his features and a smile tugging at his lips. "Are you Ok?"

"I feel fine, better than I have in years actually even my bad back feels great and I owe it all to the little one. " Ingrid said looking directly at my stomach. She steadily got up off the ground but not without Sam hovering over her tentatively. She walked towards me and smiled before crouching in front of me. "Thank you Isadora, gift of Isis and Rosmardin. You have saved my life." She cooed.

"Isadora?" I asked. Who the hell is Isadora?

"It's her name. It actually means gift of Isis which is the name of Rosmardin in the human world." She replied dreamily. "i heard her in my head. She healed me."

"Whoa but Isis is like THE Egyptian goddess in my world. This is soo cool. So I'm having a girl? Wow can't wait." I was bouncing about eagerly. Sam looked as if he was trying to repress a smile.

"Right ladies we need to get moving. The opposition knows where we are so the King will send his top forces next time. Whether he knows about you and Nate or not, they have spotted the largest group of sorcerers ever so we know they will be back with force so we need to move." Sam said ruining the happy mood that had descended upon us.

"OK I will go and get Nate and let him know, neither of us have much to pack I mean I can't even wear half my clothes cos the bump gets in the way. Who the hell comes up with this spontaneous bump stuff anyways. Jeez. I'm dreading what I'm gonna look like tomorrow."

© Katherine Pocock 2009