♱ Chapter 6 ♱

Start from the beginning

"It's rather beautiful isn't it?" A deep voice asked from behind me. I gasped and turned around in shock, holding my hand over my heart. My throat tightened when I saw him. The man from the cafe. The man from the alley...

When I didn't respond, he looked down at his feet briefly and didn't dare step closer as he spoke.

"It was my mother's before she became Queen," He referred to the tiara. The word Queen had thrown me off. He must've noticed from the face I gave that I was shocked. Why wouldn't I be?

"May I?" He asked and took a small step forward as if to ask for permission to come closer. I flinched when he took that step, not taking my eyes off of him. He stopped and stood where he had come slightly forward.

"Your eyes-" I choked, seeing his eyes that were now a maroon color. Nothing like the iridescent red that shone the night before.

"They turn a much darker red when it's day," He answered my unspoken question. I swallowed hard. With all the things I could've said, with all the things I could've asked,

"Is this real?" Is all that I asked. Utterly making myself recognize my stupidity.

"Is what real?" Was his reply. I felt uncontrollable as I spoke.

"You, your mother, last night -" I rambled and stuttered. I felt my head pounding.

"Am I dreaming?" I asked, my voice vulnerable and almost pleading, hoping he'd say yes.

"No," he sighed, "you're not."

For almost two seconds, I was frozen there. Yet, it felt like an eternity. I felt my heart beating louder, ringing in my ears like a drum. I took stumbling steps backward and felt my whole body buzz in fear of what I had gotten myself into.

My foot caught on something as I backed further away from him, causing me to fall backwards. I braced myself to hit the ground, only to feel an arm wrapped around me. I shot my eyes open and was faced with the maroon eyes of the man who had kidnapped me. Fear-stricken and held in his arms, I hovered a mere inch above the floor.

With a quick movement, I shoved him away from me and scrambled across the floor away from him.

"How did you - how can you -" I stammered too many questions. "Why am I here?" I finally let the most important question fill the empty space between us.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," His voice came out thick, almost mirroring the intensity of his gaze on me.

"Try me," I said slowly. He knelt only a few feet away from me, still where he had just caught me. Something rose up inside me when he only responded with silence. Something along the lines of horror and I couldn't find the strength to keep my mouth shut...

"What are you?" I whispered. My blood pressure rising as I stared at him with a terrified look, not making any effort to mask my inner dismay.

"What do you think I am?" He countered, looking at me with the same expressionless face. He knew I already knew what he was. The silence was deafening in my ears as my mind shouted,

Say it.

"I'm a Vampire."

And at that moment I swear I wished to be with my awful family again. Making me realize that nothing in my life in New York was worse than this...

––––––––––•A/N•––––––––––

Damn man. I'm so glad people are really liking this story!!

Comment here what you think-->

Vote

&

Share ❤️

New Maddie_May01 Book to Enjoy :

The Killer's Weakness : an epic novel filled with Thrill, Mobsters, and an Enthralling, Unexpected Romance