Return of the Ghoul

That morning, I walk to school. I yawn, rubbing my eyes.

"Woah!" I hear a familiar voice. It's my friend, Bekka. "How much sleep did you get last night?"

"Hey, Bekka!" I try to tell her what happened the night before, but I choke on the words. 

"Are you okay?" she rushes to my side.

"Fine," I say getting up.

"So, how was your break?" she asks.

"A staycation. I was bored. How was France?"

"Awesome! We got to see the Eiffel Tower!"

"That's nice..."

We get to school and head our separate ways.

"See you at lunch!" Bekka calls over her shoulder as she heads down the other hallway.

After class, I head to the restroom to wash my face. I splash water onto my nose and feel it trickle down my face in rivets. I look up at the mirror and suppress a scream. I stumble back and hit my head on a stall door.

The Ghoul from last night is in the mirror! 

"Hello again, Serafina!" it says, smiling wickedly. It jumps out of the mirror and stands on the sink, drawing itself up to its full height. It's not that tall actually, but its grimace is creepy. I wish Sara was here... I think, as the ghoul slowly advances. There is a flash of light, and Sara appears. 

"Why did you summon me?" she asks.

"I didn't! I just thought of you and you came!"

Sara slaps her misty forehead. "Of course! The Summoning!"

"Wha-" I am cut off when the Ghoul grabs my neck. Again. "Help!" I manage to wheeze.

A shadowy sword appears in Sara's hand and she rushes towards the Ghoul. There is a terrible scream and the Ghoul disappears. The bell rings and Sara mutters something that I cannot hear. 

"Goodbye," she says, "I will see you tonight."

I stand, bewildered, as Sara vanishes and I am left alone in the bathroom.