Forty One

"God damn right you should be scared of me who is in control?"
------------- Control - Halsey -------------

Given the current wattpad issues PLEASE let me know if anyone is still having troubles accessing the chapter, commenting, or voting. Thanks!

There was a brief moment of silence, he let his words hit me with as much dramatics as possible. Let me soak this is. There is one thing Nolan cares a heck of a lot about and I'm looking at her right now. Her. Me.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to see what was going to happen next. Whether it be a repeat of prior instances only with myself fully conscious, whether he was planning on merely using me for leverage, whether he was absolutely fȕcking crazy I didn't know. And I didn't want to find out. Whatever Kaleb had planned it wasn't going to be good for me.

I tried to flee, pushed myself off the couch, rather than going around him I did so by trying to go over the arm of the couch I'd been against.

Kaleb was far too fast for me, he grabbed my ankle roughly and pulled me back to a laying position on the couch. On instinct I kicked at him. "Stay still damn it. Stay the fȕck still." He grunted trying to hold me down.

I smacked at him and kicked my feet wildly. "Stop fighting me." He yelled. I couldn't even hear him anymore I was too far gone in trying to break free from him, his hands touching me were too much. "Stay the fȕck still!" He grabbed me by my shoulders and threw me like a rag doll off of the couch, I hit my head on the coffee table one of our beers fell and soaked the floor I was instantly laying on.

"I told you to stay still!" He screamed at me as if his hurling me off the couch was my fault.

I made it slowly to my hands and knees my vision blurred for a moment. The floor wasn't staying still I was panting but being thrown to the floor and his standing above me was a heck of a lot better than his grabbing at me and being nearly on top of me. "You think this will work?" I finally muttered. "Beat on me to make Nolan upset? You'll be the one in jail."

"I never wanted to hurt you Carter." He said gently. I made it to a sitting position as the world still swayed around me, I put a hand on the coffee table to stead me and slow turned my eyes up towards him again. I felt so small looking up at him, but triumphant when I took in his bloodied nose. I must have gotten him, I had no such memory of ever landing any sort of blow but the evidence was running down his nose and onto his top lip. "I never meant to hurt you." He muttered and gently touched the side of my head that was bleeding. "You just get me so worked up."

"You're twisted." I panted.

"No one will believe you. As far as the world is concerned I'm the innocent one here. As far as the world is concerned you're just as crazy and nuts as Nolan is. We know you're unstable, we've all seen you hit him, you've been involved in how many of his mishaps the past six months? I'm the victim here." Kaleb continued. "Don't fight me Carter because you will lose."

He pushed me down and a short wrestled ensued until I was on my back soaking up the puddle of beer with my shirt.

"Always. A. Fȕcking. Tease." He grunted while trying to get control. He finally got both of my wrists and pinned them above my head and managed to collect them in one of his hands and hold them down.

I wriggled under him fighting like mad to get free as he looked me up and down thoughtfully. "I made a mistake all those years ago Carter. That night. What I did. Leaving you when your Dad got on our case. But I won't make the mistake of not finishing this again."