7| All you need is a little Wayland

Start from the beginning

"Alec stop." Maia called but he kept walking in his angry stride. Maia clicked the bones in her fingers before pinning Alec to the wall. "Alec, what's your problem?"

"My problem?" Alec laughed coldly. "You run away after I kiss you, completely ignore me for two days and now you're saying I'm the one with the problem?"

"Alec, look I'm sorry. I needed to figure stuff out." Maia looked at him sympathetically.

"I take it now that you're back it means you've sorted everything out?" Maia nodded, Alec pushed her off with a slight force. "Well good, now it's my turn."

Jace was right. Maia sunk down the wall, crumpling into a little ball on the floor. It's Alec, the one she desperately needs is the one she pushed away.

A single tear slipped down her cheek, her throat felt scratchy and dry. She'd hurt Alec. And now he was doing the same.

"Maia, baby don't cry." Izzy ran towards the girl. Maia wiped her tear, laughing as she wondered how the hell Izzy ran in six inch heels.

"I'm alright, Iz." Maia forced a smile as Izzy sat down next to her. Izzy slung her arm over Maia's shoulders and pulled her in.

"Maia, I'm your parabatai now. We have a bond, so there's no point lying. I can feel it." Izzy stroked the girls hair soothingly, "M it's okay to be upset."

"But it's pathetic." Maia whispered, "I feel pathetic."

"It's Alec."

"How do you-"

"I saw what just happened, I didn't hear but I know you and Alec well enough to know that wasn't something pleasant." Izzy sighed into Maia's glossy hair.

"How about we focus on missions? Then I won't think about your sexy brother at all." Maia shrugged, bouncing off the floor and pulling Izzy up with her.

Izzy laughed "That is not a good idea, but since we do have to go on a mission right now... I'll let it slide."

Maia winked at Izzy, suppressing her emotions and ran down the hall.

»»»

After mission briefing, Izzy drooling over a necklace and meeting Magnus Bane, Maia was definitely not thinking about Alec.

The group had met Magnus at a club and their location was compromised by circle members, causing Magnus to run away through a portal taking Maia with him.

She sat with Warlocks, discussing magic and runes until the group showed up and Magnus gave Izzy the necklace she drooled over more than Meliorn.

He decided to move his lair, making Maia hold onto Izzy due to the room shaking.

"Maia, Clary has to go draw some hexagram thing on the floor. It's the only way she can summon the memory demon." Izzy explained briefly.

Maia nodded "I'm glad you guys found me."

"I wouldn't let my parabatai be kidnapped by a sparkly warlock." Izzy laughed, Maia chuckling lightly with her.

"Where's Alec?"

Alec walked out from the other room and glanced at Maia "It's ready."

Both girls nodded and followed behind the tall Lightwood. The group were instructed to stand on each corner of the hexagram. They held hands, waiting for Magnus' instructions.

"The demon requires payment." Magnus called out to the five ShadowHunters.

"What kind of payment?" Maia asked, the group nodding with her.