3. Realization

Warning: Lupin does not die in my book; I'm going to change things up a bit ;)

Neither of the boys knew what was going on; all they knew was that being together completed them, and that was more than enough.

Actually, no one seemed to know what was happening besides Lupin.

Later that night, Harry snuck to the room that Lupin was staying in. He took careful steps being careful not to step on the parts of the floor that creaked and groaned under pressure. He had been to the burrow enough time to memorize the floor. He knocked lightly on the well furnished door. " Ah, come in, Harry." replied Lupin. "I'm sorry, but how did you know it was me?" Asked Harry nervously. "Well, Harry, I've been expecting you. I know you well enough to notice when you are troubled." stated Lupin. Harry came in and sat on the edge of the sheets. Lupin even wore dingy night clothes Harry noticed. "What brings you here, Harry?" Lupin asked curiously.

"Well, things have been odd lately, and I was wondering if you could make some sense out of it." Harry said flatly. "Draco and I...well...w-we have this urge to be around each other, and it's like nothing I've ever felt before." "Well Harry that's called love." stated Lupin simply. "I noticed Draco going up to your room this afternoon, and so did everyone else. Naturally, everyone is curious because you boys are well known enemies. I think I have an explanation for you, though." "Let's here it." said Harry quickly.

"When Voldemort died the piece of his soul that was attached to yours died also leaving you free. In is my theory that when his part of soul was attached to you that you could not truly be yourself, and Draco was just too embarrassed to admit his feelings for you until he went through such a traumatic experience and realized that life was too short to hide your feelings or something of that nature. Harry, this is who you truly are. You are in love with Draco Malfoy." explained Lupin.

Realization hit Harry instantly like being knocked in the chest with a bludger. He finally felt like he truly knew who he was. The fact that someone else had to explain it to him was unsettling, but never the less, he had just found his true identity. He stared at Lupin dumbfounded.

"Harry, it's okay to love him. Your father would want you to be who you truly are." And so began the rest of Harry's life.