Chapter 15

I laid in my loves arms gently cuddling him. As he stroked my cheek I cuddled into his chest further. Quietly he muttered above me "I am sorry for not stopping you from getting in the car Kadence."

I shook my head "that's ok, now we get to start fresh Angel."

He gently kissed my forehead murmuring "I'm sorry you don't remember anything before the accident."

I through my arms around his neck asking "can you tell me about us before the accident?"

Angel took a deep breath saying "there isn't much really. I was jock and you were a cheerleader, both captains very much in love. Our mums were happy for us as well as our dads but Cinnius has always hated it. Always hated you actually, he tormented you for all of our childhood."

I was confused for a moment, I asked Angel "why did I get in the car with him that night then Angel...sorry, it's just none of this makes sense to me. I remember nothing from the past decade."

Angel nodded his head "I get that baby."

Angel kissed my temple again "okay Kadence I have to go I will see you later."

I slowly nodded my head thinking to myself 'we...as a couple doesn't feel right, there is something he isn't telling me.'

As I sat on the couch thinking about it, I roughly ran my fingers through my hair trying to remember anything. It has been two weeks since I have been released from the hospital, three weeks since the accident happened and Cinn is yet to wake up.

I quickly ran to the front door gathering my keys, wallet and phone on my out. It wasn't a long trip to my destination mainly because the traffic was light.

As I walked through the automatic doors I was welcomed by white walls, the smell of disinfectant and worried families. I walked up to the receptionists' desk and asked "hi I'm looking for Cinnius Carter's room?"

She searched his name on her computer before responding "fourth-floor room number 144."

As I walked away I thanked her over my shoulder as I got into the elevator my stomach dropped I was so nervous. As I approached his room I could hear the beeping of his heart machine telling me he was still alive.

As I got into his room his face was pale, different completely from all of the pictures I have up in my room. Also the hair I have a,ways wanted to brush my fingers through messy and not in a hot way. His lips dry and peeling, but still plump and desirable.

As I stood next to his bed I was shocked at what I could see at close, his body badly bruised and broken. I got to go home after the accident but he remains here alone. Angel never visits and neither of his parents ever talk about stopping by. Nothing laid on the window sills or on any counter. Not even a single hand made or brought card.

I sat down on the chair beside him gently grabbing him hand facing him. I cleared my throat before speaking "I am sorry for not coming earlier. To be honest I don't know why I am here because I know you tormented me, well I don't know I don't remember anything, to be honest. I only know what I have been told, I guess I have been told a lot of bad things about you lately, sadly to say I haven't heard anything good."

I ran my other hand over his cheek up to his messy hair taming it a bit "I mumbled I'm sorry I came out of this okay physically but mentally...I am all over the place Cinnius. I have been told so many things but it doesn't feel right and I don't understand it. Like when Angel kisses me I can't help but cringe as if it feels dirty but he's my boyfriend. I don't get it."

I reached into my front pocket and pulled out my lip balm heavily applying it onto his lips before leaving the room to one of the vending machines that held hygiene products. I purchased some skin cream and a comb. I started with running the comb through his hair further combing it. Then I squeezed a generous amount of cream into my hands massaging them into his.

As I was about to finish a  nurse came in, she gently smiled at me saying "oh dear it's great to finally see him with a visitor, three weeks and no one has visited, although a lot visited the same girl that came in here with him."

I looked at her shocked "the girl that came in with him do you know why she was in the car?" I curiously asked.

She smiled kindly at me "I don't really know but when he came in he was conscious mumbling about the girl inside the car with him. The way he spoke, he held so much love for her though. I was shocked when a man turned up claiming to be her boyfriend."

I nodded my head "the girl in the accident had forgotten all her memories." I cried "I don't remember anything, I know holding his hand feels right but he was my tormentor."

The nurse firmly took my hand in hers saying "listen to your heart sweetie it never lies."

I odder my head thanking her, after doing what she came in there for she left me along again with Cinn."

I gently laid my chin on the bed whispering "why can't I remember anything?"

Again I grabbed his hand in mine giving it a squeeze. I began to feel my eyes get heavy with sleep. It rides to fight it but it didn't work so I gave up letting sleep overtake me.

I woke early hours the next morning to Cinn's heart monitor slowly rocketing. As I looked up I could see his eye slowly blinking open. I pulled my hand from his running to the door getting ready to call for help but he stopped me "kitten?" He asked.