Games and Trivias

Start from the beginning

"... and why would we play something else?" Tom asked.

"I lose at every game obviously," Flora whined.

"There is a benefit to losing. You learn from your mi-" Tom frowned as Flora interrupted him.

"Blah, blah, blah." Flora rolled her brown orbs, remembering him saying that ten minutes ago.

"Very well," Tom chuckled, the board and pieces disappearing in front of them; except a black Queen. Tom reached for it, his palm open as he offered the piece.

"A Queen for a Queen," he mumbled.

"Peace Treaty?" Flora asked, her eyebrow raising at his offering. Flora took the cold marbled black Queen from him, her fingers delicately wrapping around it. "Thank you" she whispered.

"No problem..." Tom trailed off, his blue orbs magnetising her.

"Do you want to do something else than board games?" Flora questioned.

"Like what?" He asked. Flora jumped from her seat, stretching her limbs as she did so.

"Well we've been to the library already and here," Flora rambled, before her eyes lightened up. "Pine trees," Flora simply stated, her frame moving towards the exit. Tom followed suit, his long legs easily catching up with her.

"Tell me something Tom," Flora hummed, her eyes briefly moving to his. "...Like a secret," she hummed, her right hand moving to her pocket to place the black chess piece in; her fingers briefly running against her fathers time turner. Flora frowned, her gaze moving back to Tom. 'Am I doing the right thing... forgiving him?' ,Flora asked herself.

"A secret that you don't know?" Tom smirked, his dark gaze meeting hers.

"Obviously," Flora hummed, her worries from before washing away like the shore.

"I was born under a... love potion," Tom spoke after some time, his dress shoes meeting the soil on the ground right after.

"Love potion?" Flora frowned, her mind overanalysing everything. 'Why didn't Dumbledore tell me?' Flora angrily thought. "...But if you're conceived under a love potion then that means that you cannot love," Flora mumbled, her hand coming up to her face.

It ruined everything, ranging from her plans and intrigues. Did Dumbledore know? Of course he did. Was she put up to failure? No. Did he forget? Maybe; she didn't know. Were there misconceptions? Probably.

"I had to tell you at some point. I'm still earning your trust back..." Tom numbly spoke, his hands reaching into his pocket as he waltzed down to the pine trees.

"If you can't love, then what is this?" Flora asked, her gaze wide.

"I don't know. It is unknown, but then again, there are loopholes in magic, potions and spells," Tom whispered.

Flora felt uncomfortable, her arms wrapping around herself at Tom's secret he had just shared. The fate of the Wizarding World was on her shoulders, but then again, she knew it wasn't just about her task of changing Tom Riddle. It was about the relationship between the two of them.

"Tell me a secret of yours, it might help this conversation if it's as depressing as mine," Tom chortled. Flora hesitantly withdrew her arms from herself and wrapped it around Tom's elbow, her body relaxing at the warmth of his woolen jumper.

"Um... I'm from the-" Flora interrupted herself, her arms tightening around his elbow as she mentally told him that she wasn't from this time. Flora shook her head, her eyes moving over the pine trees they were approaching. "It's not very depressing actually," Flora commented.

"Tell me..." Tom encouraged, his dark orbs urging her. Flora skimmed over some secrets in her mind and she winced at a certain memory.

"Okay, so a couple of nights ago, when Bellatrix popped out of the dormitory bathroom... I accidently knocked her toothbrush into the toilet. So I of course, got it out, but then she came back in and saw it in my grasp. She questioned me as to why I had it, but I couldn't tell her. Quite frankly, I chickened out. So now she's still using the toothbrush and I cringe every time!" Flora rambled.

"That's crude," Tom chuckled.

"Don't tell her! She'll kill me," Flora mumbled darkly.

"What would you do if I did?" Tom asked, seeing as to what she would do. An endearing smile flashed on Flora's face and she let out a laugh.

"Wouldn't you like to find out..." Flora trailed off, her hand unraveling from his arm deceivingly.

Flora rose on her tippy toes, her lips meeting his briefly before she quickly smacked his arse. An evil cackle fell out of her mouth as her feet retreated; her frame moving into the pine trees with a Tom Riddle gaining on her from behind.