Sleeves

So I have a conclusion or a thought or whatever. I don't think it's that you've hidden your scars so perfectly behind your baggy or tight sleeves, or your wide sparkly smile. I think it's just because they're so obliviously wrapped up in their lives they don't even notice. Or that they don't care. They see your freshly made cuts, maybe even see the blood dripping, or maybe they see the scars you thought you hid so well, and then they look away, pretending to not have seen it. Assuring themselves that it is "just a phase" that you, the bearer of the scars or cuts or burns or any sign of self destruction are "perfectly fine" and will "get over it". And they'll go throughout their day, not giving it another thought. Then their are those people who see the cuts/scars and burns ect...and talk to you about it, "try to help". Then there are those who see, and have done it and talk to you, "try to help".

And then there are those like me. Those who have the scars and cuts and burns ect...and see you with them to. Who have the feeling, the urge, to say something but can't. Can't find the will to do so. Can't find the will to stack on any extra time trying to be positive and tell you that it will be okay because they don't know, they don't want to lie to anyone else and let them know that it sucks out there. That they can see the sun but they no longer believe that it really exists. Because they no longer have faith. In fact they're no longer sure they ever did.