Chapter 1

(Y/N)'s POV

"You two are gonna get us killed one day!" Pete scolded. Joe and I held our heads down so he wouldn't see us snickering.

"Hey, gotta steal to eat, gotta eat to live." I argued, a sly smirk finding its way on my face as I looked up at Pete.

"She's right ya know." Joe shrugged.

"But dragging Patrick into this? He's only 13 you guys, he's younger than us." Pete sighed.

*Flashback*

"Get back here you thieves!" The man yelled as we ran with his wallet.

"Come on Patrick, pick up the pace." I giggled, holding on tightly to his hand.

"I'm...sorry." He panted. Joe smirked and looked at me, mischief glinting in his eye.

"How much did we get?" I asked as we turned into an alley.

"About...5 shillings! That can get a mighty large pie at the bakery." Joe smiled.

"Go and get one!" I laughed. Patrick looked at me, his grey blue eyes contrasting with his dirty, ash covered face.

"You're okay right? You didn't get hurt nowhere?" I asked softly.

"That was fun." He smiled. I laughed, trying to rub some of the dirt from his face.

"Don't tell Pete about this when we get home alright. He'll lose his head." I sighed.

"Alright." Patrick nodded.

*End Of Flashback*

"Age doesn't mean shit and you know it! Joe and I are 14, you're 15, and Patrick's 13, so what? We're still orphans and we still have to fight to survive." I scoffed. Pete just sighed again, his eyes scanning over to Patrick, curled up in the corner of the abandoned building, our home.

"We can't live like this anymore. Patrick...he's too young." Pete sighed. His forehead got those worry lines in them, making me put my hand on on his back. I looked over at Joe, signaling him to spill the news.

"Here's the thing, we don't have to." Joe smiled.

"What are you going on about, ya knucklehead?" Pete chuckled lightly.

"Look! I found it in the newspaper. The Titanic is the largest ship ever built and she's supposedly unsinkable." I read, excitedly.

"Bullshit! You and I both know that mother nature can sink any ship she damn well pleases too." Pete snorted.

"Will you shut up! The RMS Titanic is taking off on her maiden voyage April 10th. Pete, that's tomorrow!" I cheered. Pete just looked at me in confusion.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"We should sneak on and head to New York! Think about it, all of us in America, the land of opportunity. We could get jobs and make a decent living for ourselves. England ain't got shit for us Pete and you know that." Joe planned.

"Sneak on? Surely they'd notice four scraggly orphans on a boat as big and fancy as the Titanic." Pete worried.

"We're getting on 3rd class." I smiled.

"I got a bad feeling about this you guys. We should just stay here." Pete denied. I groaned and looked at Joe, hoping he could change Pete's mind.

"What about Patrick? Don't you want better for him? Better than what we had when we were his age?" Joe wondered. Pete looked back at Patrick, a small sad smile adorning his face. Pete always felt obligated to take care of all of us, Patrick the most. He's the youngest and Pete's the oldest, it's just the way his responsibility works. Patrick will always be Pete's biggest responsibility, before all of us.

"What time are they leaving the harbor?" Pete asked.