ii.

Finally...

I turn around but stopped dead on my tracks when I came face to face with one of the last people I wanted to encounter.

My father.

"Rachel?", his eyes widens when he saw my appearance - ripped wedding dress and a messy make up.

My throat dried as I tried to swallow the lump forming in my throat. Beads of sweat started to form on my forehead and my hands are getting cold.

My heart is beating fast as I tried to keep pace with my uneven breathing.

"D-dad", I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

I spoke too soon! Of course, there's no way I'm getting away from all of this.

"What the hell is going on?", he asked but I was out of words.

"Are you planning on running away?"

He sounded so calm which surprised me because knowing my father, he would never let anything like this slip from his judging words.

"Look, Dad. I-I'm sorry. I can't do this. I...", I broke down as I looked down not wanting to meet his gaze.

I heard him sigh deeply and the next thing he did was unexpected.

He hugged me while rubbing my back to comfort me. I sobbed on his chest and for the first time in my life, I felt safe in my father's arms.

This was something I never expected. I was getting myself ready for his hurtful words but he did the opposite and hugged me.

As soon as my sobs subsided, he pulled away to face me.

"No, Rachel. I'm sorry", he said, leaving me completely shocked.

"I'm sorry because I never did anything to prevent this. I'm sorry that I made you feel less important. And I'm so sorry because I've never been a father to you. I'm so sorry, princess"

He paused for a while and continued,

"I know that we don't have a close father-daughter relationship, but I never want any of this to happen at all. I'm not going to stop you again this time because I want you to be happy. And I'm not just doing all of this because I am your father but because I love you so much", he said, his eyes full of regret and sincerity.

For the second time today, I hugged my father tightly like my life depended on it. I thought I'm never gonna say this but I'm going to miss him.

"Thank you, dad", I said as I pulled away from the hug, facing him with a smile written on my face.

"God, I miss that smile", he chuckled lightly.

"Don't blame yourself from all of this, Dad. We both know that Mom is the one to blame and I don't want to argue this thing with you again"

"I know, princess, I know. That's why I'm letting you go because I don't want you suffering"

"Please take care of yourself, Dad", I said, tears blurring my vision.

"God, I'll miss you so much", he said as he kissed my forehead.

"I'll miss you too, Dad"

"Now go on. I know you can make it out there", he said, smiling, showing up the crinkles by his eyes.

"But what about the wedding?", I asked, anxiety rushing in again.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it. For now, you need to go. Take care, princess", he said, giving me a reassuring smile.