Chapter 42:

Arie

"Wait, so his biological mom came up to you?" Momma Aleece, our stepmom asked Kaelyn.

"Mhmm." Kae said.

"Um, excuse you egg donor." I said.

Kaelyn laughed, "Shut up Arie."

"I'm serious." I said when momma Leece slapped my arm chuckling.

"So what'd she say? Did she come off disrespectful or anything?" Momma Leece asks.
...

I raised an eyebrow at her, "You mean my son?"

"Oh no, yeah. I didn't mean it like that. You're the one that raised him, yeah your son." She said.

"I'm not trying to pop back into his life if that's what you're thinking. I'm only in Atlanta for a meeting. I just seen y'all and wanted to just say y'all have obviously did a great job."

I nodded. "Right."

"Y'all done Bre?" I ask looking over at her and Londyn.

"Yeah." She said throwing their paper towel way then we left the bathroom together.
...

"So no, she didn't come off disrespectful." Kae said after telling her what happened. "She just threw me with that my son bullshit and I had to correct her on that real quick."

"You told Joey you ran into her? What'd he say?" She asked.

"He didn't say much of anything, he didn't really care. He was just like, our son is good and that's all that matters. As long as she ain't coming around with no bullshit, he doesn't care."

"Y'all done turned my damn house into the chill spot?" Dad asks coming downstairs.

"Yes last minute pool slash grill day just us girls and kids." I said since it's me, Kae and Corey, and Bre, Londyn, and Cree. Our men are at work.

"Do y'all even know how to use the grill?" Dad asked.

"We'll figure it out." Kae said.

"I'll do it. I ain't about to let y'all blow shit up." Dad said.

"Okay, good." Kae said all happy because we wanted him to do the food anyways.

"Did you make the fruit salad for us?" I ask momma Leece.

"Yeah, it's in the fridge. What else are y'all making?"

"We got different kinds of shish kabobs marinating, we gonna do the usual hot dog and cheeseburgers, pasta salad, and we also wanna do s'mores with the kids." I said and she nodded.

"Where's Kyrie?" Kae asked about our younger brother. "He said he was gonna be here for our pool day."

"He went to see this little girl he trying to impress." Momma Leece said rolling her eyes.

"Don't roll ya eyes, my son doing his thing." Dad said making me and Kae roll our eyes this time.

"If Cree don't sit the hell down." Aubree said as he continued running from the kitchen back to the living room following my dad.

"That nigga bad." Dad said scooping him up. "You bad, Cree."

"No." He said laughing trying to get back down.

"Mommy I just wanna get in the pool." Londyn said whining standing in front of Aubree.

"We are soon, relax." Aubree said.

"Kae, what the hell are you doing?" Dad asks Kaelyn making us look over at her.

"Looking at my surgery scars. You wanna see?" She asks.