Chapter 41:

2 year jump...

Kaelyn

"You okay?" Arie asked me as I came down my house stairs.

"I don't know." I said with a sigh.

"What do you mean?" Arie asks just as Joey started coming downstairs.

"Joey, why aren't you dressed? You have work." I said.

"I'm not going." He said.

"Yes you are. I told you to go."

"I'm not fuckin going and that's that."

"You're gonna lose clients you cancelled on people two days in a row."

"I don't give a fuck. You're more important." He said before walking off into the kitchen.

"Okay, no really what's going on?" Arie asked.

I sighed, "I'm pregnant."

"You're pregnant too?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm- wait too?"

"Oh did I say that?" Arie asked with a small smile. "We wanted to wait until I get three months to tell anybody."

I slapped her arm before pulling her in for a hug, "Congrats sissy!" I said swaying us.

"Ooh wait, wait." I said bending over quickly sitting down on to the couch.

"What's wrong?" Arie asked worried.

"I've been having what feels like cramps so I wanted to wait to tell everybody too. Mom knows because she went to the hospital with me last night."

"So what'd the hospital say?" She asked. "How far along are you?"

"I'm 15 weeks and I just found out last week. All the doctors I've seen keep saying the same thing that it's not uncommon. I know I've never been pregnant before so I don't know what any of this should feel like yet, but I really don't think this is normal. And they said they didn't see anything abnormal during my ultrasound. I'm going to see another doctor for a second opinion tomorrow."

"Well I'm coming with y'all. Y'all are gonna be fine." Arie said grabbing my hand.

"I hope so." I said blinking my eyes not wanting to cry anymore then I already have.

"I know you're worried, but relax." Arie said.

"It's hard not to worry. I cried until I fell asleep last night, Joey holding me the whole time. If I didn't have him worried already I know he's freaking the fuck out now."

Over the past two years Joey did just as he said he would. A year ago he bought a house for us, a house that I got to pick out plus choose all the furniture for and he just recently found a perfect place for our business which he just had to be annoying and pay for on his own. His side which is a gym is already open for business and doing great.

I am officially done with school and a week away from graduation and will soon be able to open my physical therapist side. I've already started the process since I know it's gonna be a long hard process, but me and Joey are making our dreams happen together so it's all worth it.

I was at a physical therapist clinic interning for even more hands on experience than I got at school, but they let me leave the internship early since I found out I'm pregnant and they didn't wanna be held liable if something was to happen.

"I'm staying the night over here sis." Joey's brother Cortez said coming out of our downstairs bathroom.

"Okay." I said.