Arie

*********

"Michael hasn't been answering or returning my texts you think he knows?" I ask Kae.

"Probably. The boy did brag about it to everybody and everyone he could. I don't know why you even gave it up to that boy."

"I just wanted to try I didn't know that he'd go telling everybody tho. I don't want Michael mad at me that's my best friend."

"Who cares? I love him, but he's an ass. He's coming home from college today for the weekend."

"Ugh, I might just go home and stay there because I don't wanna see him or hear what he might say."

I'm 17, Michael is 20 and in college and he has became my best friend. We talk and text all the time, but lately we haven't been.

I've recently given up my virginity to this boy that I thought was actually my friend, because I got curious. I came to regret it after since he had told everybody bragging about it and how I was a quick easy lay.

"I don't think he'll be mad." Kae said.

"We are talking about Michael here." I said giving her a look.

"True. Well maybe not that mad." She said.

"Ugh," I sighed throwing myself back on to the bed.

"The hell wrong with you?" My dad asks before I got out the car. "You being extra quiet."

"Nothing, I'm fine." I said with a smile playing it off.

He was dropping me at Michael's mom and dad's house since they are having a family cookout. I was nervous about seeing Michael since he has been ignoring me so hard lately, but I still wanted to see him.

"Mommy." I said hugging her from behind.

Morgan might not be my biological mom, but she's my mom just as much as she is Kae's. She has been my mother figure since a young age just like my dad's wife Aleece, and I love them both the same.

"Hey baby." She laughed turning around hugging me.

"You ain't bring Kyrie?" She asks about me and Kae's little brother.

"No he wanted to stay home with momma Leece." I said referring to our stepmom.

"Uncle I'm tired of you eating all my yogurts when I'm not here!" I heard Kae shout as she came out the back door.

"Kae yo ass don't live here! Them bitches shouldn't even be in my fridge, you lucky they are." Mogul said back.

"Well my Auntie always got me so hush." Kae said sticking her tongue out at him before moving behind Ron.

"Leave my young girl alone nigga." Ron said chuckling.

"Kae come here." I said going over pulling her hand inside the house.

"Is Michael here yet?" I ask her.

"Yeah, he's-" She stopped looking behind me.

I looked and he was walking out the kitchen, but he didn't stop. He walked right pass us only pulling a piece of Kae's hair.

"He's annoying." Kae said.

"And he knows." I said sadly.

"Ar' I'm coming back to dad's with you tonight. Or you plan on staying at mom's with me?" Kae asks.

"We can go home to dad's." I said.