Prologue

Hi my name is Percy Jackson, I'm five years old. I live with my very pretty mom and my stepdad, he's mean and he smells bad. I come Smelly Gabe (he doesn't like that). But that's OK, my mommy likes him.

Right now we're at the park, Mom is pushing me on the swing. Higher mommy higher!", I squealing delight. I was so happy to be here with my mom, she's always working. Smelly Gabe makes her work he is a fat lazy pig and he refuses too.

My real (hopefully not so mean) dad is lost at sea. I have dreams about him, even though I don't know what he looks like. I love him anyway.

I hear mommy speaking to me so I looked back. She told me it was time to go back home. I was sad that had to leave because this one of the few times mommy and I are together. As we were walking home, I got a felling in tummy like I was sick and blueberry favored medicine would help. I look to mom to tell her but was on the phone.

We crossed the street or at least I did. Mom was still crossing when a huge red truck going full speed and ran into mommy.I was horrified at the wy mommy looked and started to cry. She was still breathing. While was crying someone called the hospital. The truck kept going and that thing on the back to find who it was. They confirmed that mom was dead and took me home to live with Gabe.

Gabe is a mean man so when the nice people left he started abusing me. He hit me before (I never told mommy. She loved him) I hate him and he hates me but I told him that. His words were meaner now and I word added to his list of cruel names for me: Murderer.

He hit me so hard that I had to crawled in my room. I cried myself to sleep, praying that tomorrow would be a better day. I fell asleep not ready for what tomorrow would hold.