"Thank you." I whispered, trying to calm myself down.

"I have just been you know... Really excited about Friday night."

"Me too." I giggled because I know that's exactly how I feel. Only halfway. I know part of me feels scared that he might not like the way I look.

"I know that baby girl." I could sense he smirking.

"Yeah yeah." I told him. "So how was school today?"

"The same old. Boring."

"Same here."

Silence fell. I was still slightly nervous to talk to him despite the fact that this was not the first time.

"I like your voice." Adam says, which makes my face heat up. "It's really cute."

The last 3 words makes me want to blow up. I really wish I could control my emotions now but I just sit there speechless and wanting to burst out the feelings in me. Little compliments like this from Adam makes my feelings for him grow. To be honest, I dunno when I actually started having feelings for Adam, it just came like that.

I didn't know what to reply him. I was just really happy and my face was lighting up to the point that I think I might hang up the phone soon.

"Hello?" I hear his voice.

"Sorry. Hello are you there?" I blinked.

He chuckles over the phone. "I could sense you're blushing over the phone." He smirks from the other end of the phone.

I bury my hand in my face.

"Noo.." I denied.

Before Adam could say anything, my brother, David shouted my name from downstairs.

"What!" I shouted to him forgetting the fact that I was on the phone.

"Is everything okay?" Adam asked.

"Sorry my brother just called me." On realizing that David does not want to answer me, I decide to go myself. "I'm sorry I've got to go. It was nice talking to you."

"Alright. Bye." He said, then I hung up.

I went to the top of the stairs to shout David's name again until I realize he was in front of the front door to the house. Someone was standing beside him.

It was Hayley.

I was so shocked to see Hayley in my house after what she told me.

She looked at me and gave me a small smile. I walk down the stairs slowly still furrowing my eyebrows.

"Hi.. Can I help you?" I asked her as my brother leaves us.

"I brought something of yours again." She smiles at me as she brings out my cap from her bag.

"Thanks." I collect it with the same facial expression.

"I'm sorry for what I told you earlier." Hayley puts on a sad expression. "I just realized I was stupid to listen to what Jenna said."

"She's your queen. What else can you do but obey her." I said in a sarcastic tone as I fold my arms.

Hayley chuckles and look at me. "Don't be silly. I am not Lola or Dawn."

I laughed too when she called on Jenna's slave crew.

"I'm really sorry. I really want to make it up to you." She sighs. "You're so much better than Jenna. She's always trying to be in control."

"Then why are you still her friend?"

"I really dunno."

I nodded in an understanding manner. Silence fell which makes things a bit awkward.

"So what have you been up to?" She asked.

"Just in my room. Was talking to... You know." I roll my eyes.

"Adam?" Hayley smirks.

"You don't have to call his name." I giggled as I cover my face with my hand.

"Aww." Hayley gives me the playful elbow which makes me laugh.

"Boys boy boys." David caught us as he was leaning by the kitchen doorway with his arms crossed.

"David!" I scowled. "This is the second time you're doing this!"

"Isn't it amazing that my sister is in love and doesn't want to tell me." He shakes his hands open as he rolls his eyes again.

"I'm not in love!" I groan at him.

"Let's see about it lover girl." He sticks his tongue out and runs into the kitchen like I was chasing him.

I roll my eyes. Hayley just giggles at our childish behavior.

"Want to come over to my room?" I ask her.

She nods.

*********

It's been few hours since Hayley has been in my room. We've been talking about school and boys and stuff.

I told Hayley about Adam and I lately. I dunno why I trusted Hayley so much to tell her anything but I was glad I told her stuffs. I also told her about the date but I didn't tell her it will be a blind date thing.

She told me of how she was planning to go to New York for Christmas to spend the break with her boyfriend, Luke. It was interesting to know about her long distance relationship with Luke.

I look out the window to see it was dark.

"I think you should be going home soon before your parents get worried." I told her.

"Not like they don't trust me." She says as she starts packing her things in her bag. "They actually let me come home anytime I want."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. Hayley is one of the luckiest girls I've met. If only my parents did the same too. I just really wish I could switch bodies with her for a day. She's so lucky, she looks beautiful, she's rich, she can have whatever she wants and do whatever she wants. Unlike my sad life.

She looks at me and chuckles. "Not like anytime but you get what I mean."

I nodded.

"Hope you've been thinking about your fancy date." She smugs.

I groan. "It's just a one night thing. No biggie."

"Stop pretending. I know you're really excited about it." She smirks. "And by the way Adam is a cute guy, don't forget that."

I chuckle and shake my head at her. I stare at her, with her beautiful make up.

Then something just pops up in my head.

"Hayley!" She jumps when I called her. "I just thought of something good. Would you like to help me with my make up. And maybe you choose my dress too since you know much about this whole date thing."

She grins at me. "I will do anything." Then she stops grinning. "But if only you can agree with something?"

I look at her.

"Please can we not talk in school?"

"Are you ashamed of me?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"No! not at all!" She jumps. "Please this is the only thing I ask for. I will always be proud to be your friend and all that. But it's only in school, nothing more."

I just lost it with her. Things were getting better then suddenly something comes up. I was getting upset with her but I just let it be and let the lucky girl have whatever she wants. And for the sake of her doing my make up on Friday night, I just make my decision clear.

"Deal."

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 9