64. Money and Power

Start from the beginning

"Alexander..." I hear a female voice say as Lexis cuts the line not bothering to hear whoever she was out and leaving me with lots of questions. He slows down and parks at the side of the street.
The cops who had now caught up to us park behind us seated in their car for a bit and walk over.

"It's okay" Lexis says looking at me but it was not okay. There was nothing okay about the fact that he was illegally racing and now we had been caught and would end up in jail. Except whomever he was speaking to was Olivia pope and could save us.

"Since we are no longer friends...by your theory we will have to go to jail together," He says smirking as the cop knocks on our window and I almost pee in my pant too scared to be mad at him or laugh at his awful joke.

"Good day sir," Lexis says.

"I'd like to see an id and a license sir," The cop says.

Lexis gets it and hands it over to the cop.

"Alexander black?" The cop says and Lexis nods. The cops exchange looks, the one on Lexis side returns to his squad car and speaks into a walkie talkie for a bit before returning.

"I'll give you a fine of 2000 for the street painting and 600 for observing the street race," The cop says writing one up and handing it to Lexis.

"You have a good day sir and stay away from street races," The cop says.

"I plan to," Lexis says a smile on his face as the cops return back into their car and drive off.

Lexis reverses and gets back on the road driving normally. I was speechless.

       What just happened? Did they really just stop chasing us? Who was this person that could make the cops just stop following us and simply give a hefty fine. Is this what Reid meant by they never get caught thanks to Lexis? Also what dinner? If Lexis had refused it would we be on our way to jail?

"What just happened?" I ask.

"We got a 2600 fine," He says.

"Yes, but why?" I ask.

"That's one of the laws," Lexis says but I know even if it was it was one of the lesser punishments and considering Lexis was not just a spectator but a participant who also vandalized public roads this was too mild a punishment.

"Lexis who was that?" I ask. It had sounded like he was negotiating but was instead threatening.

"A cop?" He says as if I was silly for asking such an obvious question.

"No on the phone, the one you spoke to," I say not willing to let it go.

"Peters secretary and the Attorney General," He says as if it was a normal thing to speak to an attorney general.

"Attorney General?! As in David Rosen attorney General?!!" I state.

He raises an eyebrow in question.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the attorney's name," He says.

"It is!" I state.

"Hera the attorney General is Peters gold digging wife. I'm pretty sure I remember her name not being David Rosen," He says and I laugh making him look at me like I had lost it.

"No I mean the attorney General in scandal the tv show...wait...Peter's wife? Isn't that Nathan's mum?" I say finally registering his words.

"Yes," He says.

"Wow! His mum is the freaking Attorney General?!!! Lexis who's your dad again?" I ask in awe that his step mum was someone with great power on laws and it's enforcement.

He smiles silently as he passes at a green light. I guess we are back to not answering my questions but thank goodness for the web.

I quickly whip out my on phone and type in California Attorney General on the search engine.

"Isn't that ...Lea is Nathan's mum?!" I say in shock as the face staring right back at me is of Lea from the restaurant Nathan took me to for a job. So that's why she knew me and how Peter found out about me! She was personally watching Lexis for his dad, that's also how the dad knows most of his illegal acts! Shoot I'd be mad too if I was forced to come to her restaurant on dates and have my every move monitored and reported.

"But if she is the attorney General why would she need your dad's money and why does she own a restaurant?" I ask. It made no sense.

"The restaurant is an annoying hobby, plus who do you think financed her getting to that position?" He asks.

"Lexis are you trying to say your dad bought her the position? I mean yes the country has its corrupt side but isn't that pushing it,"

"You really don't think Politics is all clean do you? Hasn't Olivia Pope taught you anything?" He says and I smile.

"So you do watch scandal and know David," I say.

"That's beside the point, the point is politics is dirty and getting power isn't all daisies and lilies...plus she met Peter as a pauper he gave her everything , brushed her up, gave her an advanced education, money and now power which she doesn't deserve," He says.

     Is that why Lexis acts up? To make her one day lose her job with every wrong decision he takes against the law and her helping him?  To prove she was not worthy of her position? That she was a corrupt attorney who did things for personal gain? I thought at least Nathan's mum would be okay considering Nathan is awesome but it seems not everything in life is black and white.

"That's true. But I'm pretty sure she also has to at least have the or some skills," I state.

"Just because you are skilled at heart surgery doesn't mean you should keep being a surgeon if all you do is pick the upper class to perform surgery on, your skill is useless if you don't use it for the right things," He says.

I sigh in agreement and defeat as I read on.

"Lea Black is an American attorney, politician and member of the Democratic Party who has been the 32nd and Current attorney General of California since 2011."

Wow! I quickly click on the spouse and Peter comes up.

"Peter Daniel Black is an American business magnate, investor and philanthropist who is also the founder of Kist Coperations and it's  current CEO. He Is the most successful investor in the world.

Net worth: 45.5 billion USD(2015)

Spouse: Lea Black"

I open up his Wikipedia page to seek Lexis' mum but find nothing not a single trace. I type in Peter Blacks first wife but only lea comes up. Even in pictures. It's almost like his mum never existed.

"Lexis why can't I find your mum? There's no trace of her on the net," I say.

Lexis eyes go dark as he pulls into the side of the street.

"Peter made sure to wipe off every trace of her," He says squeezing his hands against the steering wheel.

I place my hand over it.

"But he couldn't get rid of the most important trace," I say.

Lexis looks at me with a confused look.

"You," I say as a smile breaks on both our faces.

"Let's go," He says opening the door and coming over to open mine.  I look around, we were in front of a boutique with the name "Vera Wang" written at the top.

"Lexis what are we doing here?" I ask.

"Getting you ready to meet your two favorite people," He says the sarcasm obvious in his voice.

"And they are?" I say not liking the sound of his voice. Lexis was planning something. Something I knew I wouldn't like. As if to confirm my fears he says;

"Why, your very own real life Olivia Pope and papa Pope, Peter and Lea Black of course,"

***
Don't forget to vote :-)
Did anyone see this revelation coming?