28 minutes.

Walking down the stairs I aim to head to the kitchen to grab some kind of drink as my throat is becoming dry due to the excessive swallowing I'm doing due to nerves.

Or is it excitement?

Already hearing the voices belonging to my brothers as I near the end of the stairs, their voices travelling along the walls from the living room and I turn in the direction of the kitchen where I find mom standing in front of the stove, stirring something in a large pan.

“Hey honey” Mom greats me with a smile as she notices me presence as I enter the kitchen, “You look nice..” She smiles, her eyes briefly scanning my appearance “Going somewhere special?” She creeps a grin onto her face, giving me a knowing look while holding back a smirk.

I groan as I take a seat at the high breakfast table behind my mother, “Mom..” I whine causing her to chuckle softly as she is purposely teasing me, as she already knows what's happening.

“I'm sorry...” She grins looking over her shoulder back to me, “I couldn't help it...but honestly, you do look lovely Lexi.” She smiles at me and I can already feel a start of a blush forming on my cheeks as I look down to the counter top, “Noah better be taking you somewhere nice...” she continues with hiding a smirk as she turns away humming and continuing to stir the wooden spoon in the large pan.

“You got that right...” A voice suddenly enters the kitchen and my head snaps up to see a scowling Blake walking in, his eyes directed towards me, causing me to look down again biting my lip.

They are still not satisfied. Blake, Chris, Evan and Aston. All of them have not taken this so well, not as bad as I thought they would actually, but still not so good. I've been trying to avoid them as much as I can since yesterday and it seemed to work....that is until now when they are only just in the other room.

I hear my mom sigh, shooting Blake a look and I bite my tongue knowing that she's warning him. Surprisingly my mom has been on my side, teasing me mostly but she hasn't given me the lectures that the boy's have saying that Noah isn't any good and all that, mom actually likes Noah I think.

At least I have Seth with me, and like he said.....I've just gotta work through each boy one at a time, with obviously the younger ones be the easiest.

“Well...I'm sorry mom..but I'm really not happy with this” Blake speaks up, ignoring mom's warning as I feel his eyes zoning in on me.

I gulp, my teeth sinking into my lip harder as I really don't want to have this conversation now. Especially when it's...oh gosh, 20 minutes until Noah gets here.

“Blake...” Mom sighs as she shakes her head slightly, taking out the wooden spoon from the pan turning her body towards him, “We've already had this conversation”

Really? My head raises in confusion as I hear that...When did Blake talk to mom?

Blake frowns, clearly not impressed and casts his eyes back to me, “She's only fifteen!” His voice raises slightly in exasperation, “She's fifteen mom....and that boy is twice her age!”

“He's sixteen Blake.” Mom deadpans, and I swear I see her roll her eyes at Blake's exageration, which nearly causes a small smirk to tug at my lips.

Nearly.

“So!...That's bad enough!” Blake huffs with a shake of his head and I peek a look at him, feeling a slight pang of guilt at how desperate he looks for this to not happen...

“He's not right for her. He could do anything mom..don't you see!”

“Noah's a nice lad Blake..” Mom replies smoothly, turning back to continue her stirring, “And him and Lexi seem to get on, so what's the harm in the two of them doing something fun together hmm? Lexi's a sensible girl, she's not going to do anything stupid...”