What the hell is going on?!

The person standing in front of her was Kojiro, but the energy she felt coming from him did not match what she knew. In fact, it did not match anything she knew. It wasn't intense and overpowering like Moira's, quite the opposite. It seemed so small, indistinguishable from the air, almost like it was the air. His body was covered in bruises and she could see broken ribs stabbing out through his side, yet he stood at ease like there was not a scratch on him. A huge wave of violet fire rushed in through the hole in the wall and Kojiro made a pinching motion with his hand. The flames sucked into a white hot ball of energy floating in front of his fingertips, and he flicked it like a marble, shooting it straight back in the direction it came from. Another explosion rang out, this time outside the airport building, and the tremors had barely resolved when Moira dashed back in, screaming in rage. She lashed out her arms at him and they morphed into the long black Erabo form, tipped with sharp blades. He dodged easily, blasting the limbs away with an energy pulse. Water rose from the ground and froze him in place, and Moira's arms lashed out again and cut through his body in quick diagonal lines.

Paula watched in horror as he fell apart like chunks of meat, but then the sliced segments floated back up and rearranged themselves, fitting back together seamlessly as the process was reversed.

"I have already abandoned this body" he said as the ice around his feet shattered and he walked forward, "and as it stands, I only have a few minutes before I'm fully disconnected from it. More than enough time to destroy you."

Moira roared, a gravelly inhuman sound that made Paula's hairs stand on end, and moved with lightning speed. Kojiro's image flickered as he matched her speed. The sonic booms from their movements and explosive sounds from their collisions shook the air, and they shot through the roof, destroying the metal framework and support pillars. Paula watched helplessly as the broken steel bars fell towards Adam. She could barely move with Damilare's heavy body covering her like a blanket - and even if she could, she would have been too weak and in pain to rush to his aid. Adrianna was also too far away to help, and had just formed a wind shield to protect herself when two flying shiny metal balls zipped past and hovered over Adam, projecting an elliptical energy dome. The metals hit and bounced off with zinging sounds, and Bordeaux rushed into the room with Linus and Esther behind him.

"Adrianna!" he called out as the energy shield flickered off. "Pull everyone together and use your continuity chasm as a shield."

Adrianna blinked and frowned. "My what?"

"That energy wall you create. It won't be easy to carry both of them out of here," he said, motioning to Adam and Damilare. "I've already told all the kids to fall back."

"Then why did you bring those two?" Paula shouted up at him, though it was difficult to talk with Damilare's on her chest. She also wanted to ask why he was here after Adam had specifically told him not to come, but considering how he just saved Adam from being killed, it seemed thoughtless.

"I did not. They followed me." He replied, giving Linus an exasperated leer as he moved Adam's body close to Damilare's and Adrianna rushed over to meet them. "They said something about having a score to settle."

Linus had zoned out of the conversation and was focused on something happening in the air above them. Paula tried to see what he was looking at, but she couldn't follow the quick movements of the two people currently engaged in battle. From the occasional large maroon blur and flapping of wings, she knew one of them was Erwith. The other had to be Nathan, based on the multiple portals he was using to keep himself airborne.

"Es," Linus said, "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

Esther smirked. "Way ahead of you."

"We don't have a lot of energy," he said with an uncertain tone. "So we only have one shot at this."