Two in the Morning // Dazai Osamu x Reader [OLD]

(old work — 2016)

Hello, people who may or may not be reading! This is officially my first character x reader fanfic! So, sorry in advance if it is bad!
That will be all.
Grim, out! (/ * - * )/
_________________________________
\\2nd Person POV//
1:50 am

'Well...' You thought as you sat up on your desk in the Armed Detective Company with one leg dangling over the edge, your head propped up on your arm. 'How did I get here?'

(Flashback)
8 hours earlier

You were sitting at your desk, reorganizing it for the fifth time that day. You were bored out of your mind! There were no cases or anything to be solved, no criminals to apprehend at the moment, and you were actually caught up with all your paper work and stuff for once.

It's like life loved you but hated you at the same time! Oh, how you wanted to give life a hug, then slap it into next week!

At least it was almost that time of day again when you can go home. 'Tch, yeah...' You thought as you leaned back in your chair, 'Going home to be bored sounds so much better.'
(A/N: And suddenly, reader-chan has turned into Lance Corporal Levi) Oh, you and your saltiness. You stared at the clock.

"5:44," you said to yourself. You got to go home at 6:00. As you were thinking of what you might do to entertain yourself at home, a certain suicidal maniac and his ideal-obsessed partner walked into the room. The former was soaked.

"Dazai! How many times have I told you to keep your suicide attempts until after work!" The blonde scribbled something in his note book. Ah, yes. Bickering, as usual.

"Do not worry, Kunikida-Kun!" Dazai gave a care-free smile, which only seemed to make his partner angrier. "You know, yelling like that is very bad for you!" (A/N: Bear with me, guys. I swear, next time, the tease will be better) He looked at you for a split second, smirked, then looked away to continue. As he did, you just watched in silence with a brow raised.

"It is?"

"Yes! The strain you put on your throat while yelling will eventually cause severe damage, rendering you unable to speak!"

"Really?"

"Yes! Take notes!" Dazai flashed yet another one of his happy-go-lucky smiles as Kunikida began to take notes, mumbling every other word or so.

"Yelling... Strain on throat... Unable to speak..." Kunikida started jotting down Dazai's false information.

"I'm messing with you" Dazai decided to say it just when Kunikida was almost finished writing. Dazai's almost catchphrase-like sentence resulted in Kunikida snapping his pen in two and lunging towards Dazai, who only smiled.

You always wondered how Kunikida kept falling for the same trick every single time. This was a very normal routine that the two put on, so you just gave it a simple eye roll and looked back at the clock.

"5:48." You mumbled as the pair fought only a couple feet from your desk. You gave a small sigh to yourself as you began re-reorganizing the contents of your desk. For the sixth time today...

You were only at it for a few minutes, and Dazai and Kunikida were still doing their thing when the power in the office suddenly went out. Everyone stopped what they were doing immediately. It was 5:57 and the power decided that now was the best time to go out? Great.