All I could do was just to sit and listen to Chad's confession of what he went through. It's somewhat similar to mine and bet the hurt was just as excruciating.

"I've never had things easy since the day of the rejection. You might've thought that I'm the one that hurt you, but I'm not."

What the hell?!

"What do you mean?" I uncrossed my arms from my chest and sat up straighter.

"I-It's a long story," Chad looked down and pursed his lips. He's keeping something that involves both of us from me, and I don't plan on allowing him to just ignore it."Chad, tell me. Now." My voice was low but full of command.

He looked into my eyes and a swirl of emotions flashed. Sadness, regret, guilt. Frame...

Chad sighed and he looked as if he was suffering mental anguish. His expression made me yearn to touch him.

He moved from his crouching position and sat beside me, facing in front of us.

"The night of your 16th birthday was a total bust for both of us. I was happy that I could get my mate and you were too. But something-" Chad was cut off as a blonde wolf emerged and attacked me.

By the scent it carried I could tell she was a she-wolf who really wanted to hurt me.

I growled and tried to push her off me as Chad rose beside me and shifted into his dark wolf. He grabbed her by the scruff and threw her off me. That didn't stop her from resuming her attack though. Before I could shift she pounced on me, her claws already out, and slashed them across my left arm. I yelped in the burning pain and covered my arm.

Chad let out a vicious growl and again threw the wolf into a tree. By the impact, the tree broke in half. The wolf slumped to the forest floor and whimpered. Chad trotted slowly and cautiously to her and then it looked as if they were mind linking each other.

After a minute, Chad pulled the wolf up, sent me a sorry look and darted away with the she wolf.

I was completely stunned at what just happened. Chad left me here in the forest, bleeding and alone, to go away with another wolf. Why did he do that to me?

My mind was filled with questions on Chad's behavior as I forced myself up. I looked around before carefully shifting then ran in the direction of the pack house. My wolf was limping along the way but we made it.

I shifted back into human form and did my best to get inside. When I got in, I moved to the kitchen and found some of the pack members there.

"Oh my goddess!" Rachael yelled in surprising fear. "What happened Lily?" Soon everyone was clouding around me, demanding to know what happened.

"Go get the first aid kit, some clothes, and her father along the way." Mom ordered. She ripped off my shirt sleeve, exposing the deep wound that I got from that psycho wolf.

"Honey, what happened?" Mom asked me in a motherly concerned tone.

All I could do was to break down in front of everyone.

°°Chad's P.O.V°°

I threw Lauren harshly on the ground. Yes, Lauren is the wolf that attacked Lily and it's taking all my willpower to not rip out her throat.

"And you were such a gentleman to me." Lauren muttered in mind link and rolled her eyes, managing to pull herself from the ground.

"That's until I realized what a huge bitch you were." I fired and set myself in a crouching position.

Lauren had a glint in her wolf eye as she shifted back into her human form, leaving her completely nude. Of course, she wanted me to see her naked. She smirked before I turned away.