~Twenty Eight~

{I've been gone for a minute now I'm back with the jump off!

This book is actually extremely close to being done. In fact, this is the last significant scene😭}

As they pulled out of the car, Marshall took Ajala's hand, which made her feel warm and soft inside. She couldn't believe Marshall Mathers, the guy she once beat up in the halls, was now her first boyfriend. Her mind raced as he smiled down at Ajala with those adorable teeth.

Adorable teeth? Dang, I'm crazy about him, she thought.

DeShaun took Li's long, French manicured hand before walking out. Her fuchsia dress fluttered in the soft breeze. The Lincoln High School gym was transformed completely. Prince was blasting throughout the place, food sat in the corner on a table bathed in carnation and red lighting. Everyone who was anyone had been there that night and each one of them noticed Ajala and Marshall. Everyone said hey to them and Ajala, who had once been introverted and angry, felt like a celebrity. Every though DeShaun went to Osbourne, he was around Lincoln so much that no one seemed to noticed he didn't belong.

The five entered as Ajala noticed Crisp alone without a date. Her mind instantly flashed back to DeShaun's first party where she was alone sitting and watching her attractive friend party it up. Then Ajala wondered what Faith was doing and where. Lisa was better for DeShaun anyway.

She snapped out of her thoughts and walked over to Crisps as he sat down on the wooden bleachers with his nice suit on, watching everyone. Marshall, Li and DeShaun followed quickly.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Lisa asked first, pushing him slightly. His face showed emotion but his mouth remained locked.

"I know. Is it about Adelaide?" DeShaun inquired, sitting by his friend. Ajala's heart broke.

"Who?" Lisa and Ajala asked in unison. DeShaun pointed to a petite girl in the midst of the dance floor with similar facial features and skin tone with an ambush of black curls. Her dress modestly covered her fleshy boobs. It was like looking in a mirror from a few months back.

"She's just, beautiful." Crisps said quietly but only DeShaun and Aj heard it.

"We can get you with her." Lisa and DeShaun said before turning to Marshall and whispering.

The group separated leaving Marshall alone with Ajala...