1

Kathryn's pov

What the hell am I going to do with my life? I seriously don't want to live with my parents forever, so I gotta get out and find my own place. Yeah I graduated high school on time, but I never got a scholarship for academics or sports to any college. My parents don't have enough money for me to go, and I can't pay for it myself because I don't have a job.

I walk out of my room and went downstairs into the kitchen. I see that my mother is cooking breakfast and my dad is reading the newspaper. Who the hell reads newspapers nowadays? Wait... I've seen in movies that if you read the newspaper, you may find a job. Damn it! Kat, are you really that desperate? I really am...

I walk up to my dad and put my hand on his shoulder. I can't believe I'm saying this but, "Hey dad, can I see that newspaper really quick?" He looked at me as if I lost my mind and pointed to the newspaper. "You want... to read... the newspaper?" I nod. "Yeah I need it because I'm looking for a job." He laughs. "At least your trying to do something with your life!" My mother placed my breakfast on the table.

"Sit and eat." she said. I obeyed but took the newspaper out of my dad's hand gently before sitting. I started eating my eggs first then the bacon. "Here you go, sweetheart." she handed me a cup of orange juice. "Thanks." I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It was my older brother Tyler. "Im going out!" he yells while walking out the front door.

"Rude much? Like can't you say good mornin?" my mom sighs. "Ever since that break up he had with that girl Rylie, he's never been the same." she said. "Well I guess that's what happens when your lover decides to cheat on you. He should've been over that by now! It's been months.. " my dad looked at me and said "Well you don't know what it feels like to be in love with someone." I scoff, "Actually I do." my dad raises his eyebrows. "Who is he?" he asked.

I pause."It's not a he.." my parents looked at each other confused. "Is it a she?" my mother asked softer. "No mom it's an it." I sigh, "Food is the answer really!" They groan and I laugh. I go back to reading the newspaper. Both of my parents leave the kitchen and go off somewhere in the house. Im now in the section for jobs...
Substitute teacher-no.
Über for Ny-nope
Dental assistant-assistant yes but dental no.
CEO assistant- yeah,good enough for me!

There's a number to call if you want to have the job. I take my phone out of my pocket and unlock it. I dial the number from the paper. There was a couple of rings until someone answered.
"TBLC, how may I help you?" a woman said. "Yes, I saw that in the newspaper you're CEO needs an assistant, and I was wondering if I could get the job?" I ask. "Yes, the spot is open and If you want the job, please come to Peak Shirks Lane to fill out your application."

"Okay, thank you." I say and she hangs up. I went to 'notes' in my phone so I could right down the address the lady told me to come to for the job. I lock my phone and place it on the table. I pick up my plate and glass and put it in the sink since I finished. I walk back to the table to get my phone and head back upstairs.

I enter my room and place my phone on my bed. I take of my pajamas off so I'm in my bra and underwear. What should I wear today? I walk to my closet and pull out a red crop top with black shorts. I threw them on the bed and walked to my drawer to get my undergarments. After I finished that, I place them on my bed with the rest of my clothes.

I walk into my bathroom and set the water to shower mode. I take everything off and hop in the warm shower.
_______

I'm now finished with my shower and fully dressed.
I take my phone off the bed and head back downstairs.
I see that my parents were about to head out the front door. "Where you guys going?" I asked. "We'll I'm going to a doctors appointment, and your father is going to work." she explained. "Okay! Have a wonderful time!" I gently push them out. "Why are you so ha-" "I love you guys, bye!" I cut her off. I close the door gently.

Well... free house to myself!
Which means... I pick up my phone and call my boyfriend Sam. The phone rings three times before he answers. "Hey baby." he says.
"Hey.. my parents went out and won't be back till later. Oh and I gotta tell you something!" there was a pause then said "You aren't pregnant... right?" I rolled my eyes. "No asshole I'm not."

He laughed. "Okay I'll be there in 5..." he hung up.
Okay... so my parents don't know that I'm in a relationship.. I mean I'm not allowed to because 'relationships are for grown people.' Well technically, I am a grown person because I'm 18. But the thing is.. I KNOW they won't approve of Sam because he is about 5 years older, and he's a high school drop out. And forget about it because he's a drug dealer.

I suddenly hear someone come in through the front door. I look to see that it was Sam. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and we hug. "Hey babe." he says while kissing my cheek. I kiss his lips and drag him up the stairs to my room. "Woah, slow down. I know you miss me but I didn't think you were that desperate!" he joked.

I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm playfully. "Shut the fuck up." I laugh.
"So what is it that you want to tell me?" He says sitting on my bed. I made a big smile at him, and lean against my closed door. "I.... almost but not really got a job!" he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Kat, it's either you got the job or not."

I sigh and walk up to him sitting on his lap, with both legs on each side of his waist. "I know but the lady said that the job was open and I could fill out an application and stuff." He smiles an pats my hips. "Well that's good then!" I smile and lean down to kiss his lips. "What are you working as?" he pulls away.
"An assistant-now kiss me."

We're making out now, and it gets really heated. I take off his shirt first and throw it somewhere. He does the same to me. He picks me up by my thighs and flips us over. He unbuttons my shorts and pulls them straight off. He sits up and is on his knees. He now unbuckled his belt and slid down his pants. He leans back on top of me and kisses me. He was about to take off my bra, but there was a knock on the door. I froze. "Yes?" I yell. "I'm going to be out tonight." I hear Tyler. "Okay!" I hear him walk away. Sam continued to kiss my neck then tried taking off my bra.

I stop him. "I'm not feeling it anymore." I tried getting up but he pushes me back down. "Oh c'mon, don't try and change your mind now." He says annoyed. "Sam I just said-" he grabs my shoulders tightly "I don't care what you said." I slap him and get off the bed. "Get out!" I yell. He laughs then licks his lips.

"Are you trying to break up with me?" I walk up to him and point in his face. "Don't you ever put your hands on me like that!" he slapped my hand away from his face. He grabs my neck tightly, pushing me to the wall and I start choking. "I can touch you how ever the hell I want! You are mine and you're not leaving. Don't forget what I do for a living babe. If you ever try to leave me..." he starts laughing. I slap his hands but he won't budge. "I will love you to death." he lets go of me and I drop to the floor, gasping for air.

"Bye babe, see you tomorrow." he says while slamming my door. I start crying. He's never done this to me before. I get up and crawl on my bed, going under the covers. I'm too afraid to look in the mirror to see the bruises on my neck. So I just cry. I cried until I fell asleep.