What was she taking about?

“After everything that we have been through you betray be in the worst possible way! I loved you!” Watching as Victorias nose flared as i stared at her in confusion.

“What are you on-?” I was cut of with Victoria growling.

"I don't want to hear it, Damon!" Her voice was venomous as she came closer to me; her eyes were no longer emerald green but a dark blue. "How could yo do this to me? After all the pain and hardship we’ve been through? I loved you. We could have fought together but you took my choices away!” Victoria’s hand shot out wrapping itself around my neck, cutting off my airways.

Scratching at Victoria’s hand, I tried to breathe as her hand crushed my bones. I tried fighting against her but failed, she was much more stronger than me.

“Good bye Damon” Victoria spoke venomously. Her hand suddenly in my chest gripping at my heart, she squeezed it so tight that I stoped breathing.

The last thing I saw before darkness taking over was Victoria’s demonic face.

Gasping, I shot up from my bed breathing heavily. Running my hand through my hair, I growled and threw the lamp that stood on my side table across the room.

For the past two years, every single night I would have dreams about me and Victoria, back in the days when we were together, when everything was normal. Every dream was happy, until the end. Victoria would change and would end up killing me.

Sitting up, I grabbed the frame that stood on my side table. Grabbing it, I ran my fingers over it. 

Just looking at her picture I felt all sorts of emotions. I remember taking that photo when we were engaged. We had fought all day over some stupid stunt that I had done. To make it up to her, I took her to the outskirts of Mystic Falls were we had a picnic.

Her green eyes sparkled with happiness and her hair fell perfectly around her, a couple strands in her face. I remember platting them. Her smile was so big. I clearly remember that day because we had sex under a tree and a deer was watching us as we played around.

I remember forcing Victoria to stand still just so I can take a picture of her. She hated pics.

How sad was it that I promised her that I would stay with her forever and protect her but broke my promise. It haunted me everyday.

Ever since I sent her away all that was left in my life was a big, empty hole. I relay fed and every now and then I would wake up in places I didn’t know because I was so drunk. I would black out after waking up and my memory would be fuzzy.

The door opened and Stefan, Elena and Caroline walked in. “Morning” Elena smiled softly, rolling my eyes, I rolled out of bed. “Morning” I casually replied walking over to my wardrobe, I pulled out a shirt.

“Stop doing that Damon! Stop shutting us out! Were not the only ones suffering. It’s been 2 years, you need to let go.” Caroline spoke, truing around I felt my blood boil.

“It feels like decades Blondie. I can’t let go of the one girl that I ever loved, do you understand?” I growled walking up to her.

Turning around I counted to ten breathing in and out.

"Why are you guys here?" I asked irritated. I really didn't want any of them here. I wanted to be alone.

"To check on you." Elena said softly making me turned around to give her a look.

"I'm perfectly fine" I snapped.

“You know what? I think its time we spend a little time out of this town and go have some fun.” Caroline looked at Stefan and Elena. “You guys go. I like it here” I sat down on the edge of my bed, pulling on my shirt.

“You know what? Caroline’s right. We need a break from this town and Damon you can’t say no. You’re the first person that deserves this little break” Elena walked up to me; she put her hand on my shoulder.

“Like I said before im fine here.” Shaking her head Elena signed. “I understand that you miss her Damon. But Victoria is my sister. I miss her just as much as you, but we did this to protect her.” closing my eyes, I let out a breath.

“She was my true love, Elena. I cant just let her go so easily” looking up I met eyes with Stefan’s green ones from across the room, I rolled my eyes as jealousy flashed across his eyes.

“We all feel the same way.” Caroline spoke up. “So it’s settled. Were going away for a break” Stefan announced. “You guys aren’t going to leave me alone are you’s?”

All three in the room shook their heads “Nope” signing I rolled my eyes.

“Were are we going to go?” Elena smiled. “Sin city?” I suggested which resulted in Elena giving me a look of disgust.

“Hell no. How about Bulgaria?” Caroline suggested. “Sounds nice, but we have never been to New York before…I would really like to go and see the big city” Elena spoke up.

“New York it is then. Damon?” signing I nodded my head. “I don’t even have a choice” I smirked tightly at Stefan who smiled at me nodding his head.

“Pack your bags! Well be on the next flight to New York then!” Caroline squealed and walked out of the room followed by Stefan and Elena.

Walking into the bathroom, my gut clenched as weird vibes surged through me and it wasn’t because I was hungry.

Turning on the hot water tap, I stripped out of my clothes and stood under the hot water.

Something deep inside me screamed. Told me that this trip will be a trip I will never forget but I guess I cant say anything until im in New York…