My Love For You

Damon's Pov

I leaned against the door while watching my wife drive out of the drive way.

She is slipping away from me.

Slowly and slowly.

The only women that understands me, cares for me, is slipping out of my fingers because of my stupid mistakes.

It's been 2 days and everyday Victoria would drop off Ian for a couple of hours, every time I would look at her I would see a different woman. I would look at Victoria and couldn't believe my eyes as i watched her image change.

From high 7 inch heels to black worn out sneakers, from mini skirts and dresses to black gym pants and hoddies.

She had changed and I feared the worst, that breaking this stupid curse has ruined her.

I needed to be there for here. No matter how much she is pushing me away I have to be there for her.

Victoria is hiding something and it's very evident, I can feel it deep down. I need to act fast and get her back before she slips out of my fingers. The thought of losing her tares me down.

Every time I would try to talk to Victoria she would avoid me. She would just turn around and walk away.

I would see her at the Grill consuming alcohol while Ian was being babysitted by Caroline. Even at the Grill I would try to talk to her or even just sit next to her but she would just shut me out and move away.

Today was the Mystic Falls Gala aka Miss Mystic Falls pageant, I really wasn't in the mood to be around people and especially watch sappy teenagers dance around in circles so they can win the title of  'Miss Mystic Falls'.

As much as I wanted to stay at home, lay down sipping on my bourbon, I couldn't. Especially when I have a short blonde police officer over my head, im nothing but forced to go.

Putting on my jacket that matched my pants, the doorbell went off. I walked down the stairs and opened the door to be greeted by my little blue eyed son.

With all my worries, I smiled and picked him up "Hey buddy" I kissed his cheek as Ian wrapped his tiny arms around my neck "Daddy!" Ian jumped up in my hands making my smile widened.

I looked over at Victoria who wore black sweat pants and a dark blue top. She sleepily looked up at the sky as if she was trying to figure out something- no it looked like she was being hypnotized.

Softly I reached out "Victoria?" I grabbed her arm which made her jump back in fright. A frown took over my face as she started to breathe heavily. "Are you okay?"

Shaking her head, Victoria turned around and ran to her car. Putting Ian down and pushing him into the house I followed her to her car. Before Victoria could close her door and lock me out, I grabbed her door and opened it wide.

"What is going on?" I asked as Victoria started up her car "Move" i shook my head "Tell me what is going on" I growled.

Victoria growled at me "Move, before I start the car and drive out while you get torn into pieces" I glared at her "You wouldn't" Victoria raised her eyebrows at me and pressed down hard on the petal making the car fastily move back.

I let go of the door and tumbled down onto the ground. I growled and sat up, and watched as Victoria gave me the finger and drove away.

I stood up and brushed off all the dust that was on my neatly cleaned suit. Singing I growled in anger and vamp-speed over to the nearest tree and punched it as hard as I could.