| Chapter Seven : Mall, Piercings, and More |

I plopped into his car, the smell of clone hitting my nose again and stinging it. Gosh I hated his car. He really needs a new one, like seriously. As we drove along, I finally extended my arm and took his stupid cd out and put the radio on, flipping stations until I came across a familiar song that I really liked. I mouthed along, grinning to myself as I bobbed my head lightly.

"Argh! What is this crap?!" Alex screeched over the music as he raised an eyebrow and narrowed his eyes at the radio station.

"Only one of the best songs ever." I grinned goofily as I lip synced more.

His hand reached towards the radio dial in attempts to change the station, but I slapped his hand away as I spoke over the music, "No you don't. You listen to crappy things, so now I want to listen to my own stuff. Besides if you're going to 'change' me, I need my own kind of something before I'm totally changed, so nope!"

He huffed as he placed his hand back firmly on the wheel and looked straight at the road. The mall came close to view as I stared at it while I bit my lip. What could he possibly be thinking? Why do we need to do this again?

I bobbed my head again before the song - Good Girl - ended. I had a weird taste in music, but I wasn't afraid to show it. I liked different kinds of Country, oldies kind of music, and slight rock; like from the 80's. There's others, but mainly those.

But guess what? Alex is totally the opposite. No surprise there, right? He enjoys rap (nasty crap, I'm sorry, but I just don't... Like... How do you even understand them?!), total rock, and R&B. No offense, but, not my style. It's just... I... Yeah... Anyways...

The parking-lot of the mall came closer and closer as I bit my lip more and more. I was sure I could taste blood by now as I shook my head to myself while wishing my parents wouldn't have agree'd with... With... That thing over there that's driving the car. I was internally freaking out.

Oh gosh please nothing too horrible.

Please, no. Just no.

Oh my gosh if he even thinks about...

No.

Suddenly a song came on over the radio that caught me off-guard. It was a new song; a single. I listened intently as I stared off into space as if space would give me answers.

The lyrics actually had... Something. Feeling to them.

Neon Lights. That's going to have to get searched up on YouTube sometime when I get home; that is if I actually remember it.

We parked and he turned off the engine before he flung the keys in the air a few inches and caught it then got out and put his keys in his pocket. I opened the door and stared at the mall dreadfully as we started walking towards it. My hands lightly swung back and forth as I walked along as if they were just... There.

Suddenly I felt a hand slid its way to my hand and entwined our fingers together as we continued to walk towards the mall. I've seen so many couples for a year since my ex died, and seeing the happiness in their eyes, the joy and holding onto each other as if their world would crumble to a halt if one broke away even for a second made me remember how I was with Christian. I miss him - so much.

My grip lightly tightened as I remembered the feeling that spread through my body whenever his masculine but gentle fingers wrapped around mine. The butterflies that fluttered softly around from just knowing - just knowing - he was mine, and I was his, gave me a warm happy feeling in the pit of my stomach and sent shocks of excitement in my head. But holding Alex's hand - it was different. It was like a whole new universe, a new world. But deep down I knew I actually enjoyed it somehow.