Chapter 3: Sandara

"What if...What if she doesn't love me?"

I wake up, opening my eyes, but then closing it quickly after when I heard the door shut. When you're a daughter of a shaman, it's hard for you to sleep. Dreams of what's happening to the person you're destined to haunt you in your sleep. They're like fortune telling, but the difference is, it tells you the present scene. Though, the problem is, you can't see the face of your future husband. Just voices.

A hand sweeps the hair covering my face, placing it behind my ear and then suddenly jerks back. Then, a loud rush followed, so I dart my eyes open, seeing a man with fire-looking hair in front of me. His lower lip has a piercing, his eyes were blood red, his mascara was too thick that I can't distinguish what he does look like and from the looks of it, and he was one of the monsters in this house. His eyes widen and then, he turns his back towards me, but then I stopped him, grabbing his hand quickly. My instincts just do everything, not my mind, but my heart. I just followed my heart.

"Please...stay." I heard myself murmur.

Then, I force him to face me, and when he did, I pull him into an embrace, deepening my face against his abdomen.

"Don't...leave me." I whispered, but audible enough for him to her and I cried.

My heart rapidly beats against my chest, but with this kind of hug, I feel secured, assured. I feel like I have known him for who knows how long. I feel like...I really meant those 3 words. And most importantly...it came from the heart. My heart.

He hugged me back, rubbing my backside in slow assuring motions. "It's fine."

I groaned, and hugged him tighter, not minding if I'll whip the air out of him. I just need comfort. Only comfort.

He lowered himself so my hands were transferred from his abdomen to his neck, and his shoulder cradled my head carefully. His hands continue to rub my back, sometimes massaging and sometimes patting.

I pulled momentarily, outstretching my hand. "I'm Sandara Park. You can call me Dara."

He accepted my hand, and instead of a smile, his mouth was opened lightly. "GD."

"That short?" I asked, and he just answered with a light nod. I smiled, hugged him again and whispered, "Nice meeting you." against his ear. I felt him shiver, which made me laugh.

He made me better.

~

After one month of being trapped inside this house, but not likely being 'trapped', I've already known the people here. They're so kind-hearted, humble and caring, completely opposite of the people outside, who are selfish, vain and evil. But among the persons in the house, GD is the closest to me, ever since. Though, he doesn't want to tell me what his real name is--even Top--unlike the others who stated their real names before telling me their fake names. Well, they use those fake names when they go outside, while the real names stays inside the mansion, for family purposes only. But because Top and GD didn't tell me their names, I feel like an outsider towards them, but not that much. I feel like they are sensitive to that subject.

We do together almost all the things at night: strolling, playing and even shopping. Though of course, we cover our faces. They don't normally socialize with people, and like what I assume, I was the second person they have met--the first one was my mother. They also told me, that some of the past VIPs deaths were partially suicide. They kill themselves in fear or accidentally kill themselves before they could even meet them, while some died because of the rule going inside the house.

"Innocents are spared and the criminals are slaughtered."

GD takes care of me like I was fragile, like I was breakable, like I was his...girlfriend. He even gave up his own bed for me, since there are only 5 beds in the bedroom. But because I feel worried for him too, I insisted on sleeping together with him. Well, we'll not do anything stupid anyway, so it's not that bad.