What if being Bisexual, wasn't such a bad thing?

A/N
Don't play the song yet. I will tell you when.

I walk the school hallways, filled with uneducated students and educated crack heads. I'm one of the rare ones. I'm educated and clean. Clean of drugs, educated in school and educated in kindness and helping others, unlike everyone else.

People push me around.
Bullies slam the books out of my hands. My family labels me as a disappointment.
My teachers don't have faith in me.
I don't want to be here.
I didn't choose to be this way.
I didn't choose to be bisexual.

It all started in seventh grade. A girl with strawberry blonde hair caught my eye. She always sat in the front of the classroom, ready to learn. I always say in the front of the classroom, wanting to learn but mostly wanting to get to know strawberry blonde.

Because back then, my family was pretty open about everything, so I could talk to my parents about things that were going on in my life. I told them about her, and they sent me to my room. I heard them screaming. How my mind had been corrupted by teenagers in my school. The next day I came back downstairs, to await my parents on the couch, only telling me I was confused.
But, I wasn't.
I knew I liked her.

Strawberry blonde just so happens to be my only friend. She's never told me I was a disappointment. She's never tried to convert me. She accepts who I am. She sees the scars on my arm and doesn't try to tell me to stop. She helps me, finding alternative ways to release my stress and anxiety.

I go home with her, now that I'm no longer allowed into my used to be home. Her parents are so nice. One day Strawberry blonde invited her boyfriend over for dinner and they welcomed him like he was their own, similar how they welcomed me into their home.
She walks with me through the hallways, making sure I don't get hurt. Most of the time, I do get hurt. The bullies are much bigger than her and I so they can just push her out of the way too. But she tries. That's the point.

I put in my earphones, to block out all of the name calling.
I'm not okay by My Chemical Romance comes on. Strawberry blonde smells like, well, strawberries. Her hair bounces along with her footsteps, her arm is by my side, holding and guiding me carefully. I would probably be dead without her.

We reach the parking lot and I hop into the front seat of her black jeep. She gets into the driver seat and puts the key in ignition. It's not a long drive to her house. Five minutes later, we are home and we each get out of the car. We enter the house to see Nathan, sitting on the couch looking frantic and stressed out. With my experience with couches and frantic looks, I already know it's not gonna be good. Strawberry blonde looks confused. I nudge her and point to upstairs. She nods as Nathan gets up to approach her.
Ten minutes later she comes upstairs, weeping. From what I can make out of her words, Nathan just broke up with her.
"He didn't even say why." She repeats, while sobbing.
All I can do is help her by hugging her. Keeping her comfort is the best I can do right now.
And I kept hugging her.
For five more hours.
Until it was midnight.
She fell asleep in my arms.
I didn't want to let go.

The next day, I woke up on my own. It was 5:45 AM, fifteen minutes after strawberry blonde usually wakes me up. I looked to my left, her bed sheets were tussled, bookbag; gone. I looked on the nightstand. It had a post it note stuck to it.
The note read:
Sorry. Had to leave early. I won't be coming to school today. I'm so sorry.
-Liz

Where could she be? After what happened yesterday, I have no idea where. And she won't be at school. This is the first time ever since three years ago she has not walked with me in the hallways. Should I come to school today? And face those bullies alone. Hell no.
I just hope Strawberry Blonde is alright, wherever she is.
I pick up the telephone that's sitting on the nightstand, and dial her number.
It rings for a few seconds, then proceeds to voicemail.