So, I tried to ask the village chief as to what this child's identity was..

After hearing my troubles, he sat down, and told me his story..

According to him, the child was a boy named Jin..

He said that Jin came here with his mother..

Apparently, their race was called [Beastman], and they were part of the [Wolf Tribe], a prestigious clan inside the capital city of "Elshion" located east, towards the "Beast Continent, Feriad"..

But, when their family was visiting the "Human Continent" because his father was a merchant, and wanted to try his hand at trading with the humans, which was a big mistake..

After settling down for a while inside "Libra City", a certain noble saw them, and the mother caught his fancy..

The next day, their house was raided, and the father killed in front of the child's mother..

Fortunately, the child was asleep and couldn't see the tragic sight of his father being murdered when he was just at the age where he learned how to toddle by himself..

After that, they were captured, and taken as slaves for the noble's sick deeds. He included the child, Jin, because he knew that he could find a buyer among his other like-minded noble acquaintances..

But by some twist of fate, when they were travelling to the royal capital, a strange old man passed them by..

From their story, the old man looked to have long hair, and a grey beard, but had eyes filled with intelligence..

He displayed overwhelming strength when faced with the noble's 30 guards using just a swing of his hand, to blow them all away. Because of this, the mother and child were saved, and they were given food, clothing, and a little money from the mysterious old man..

When they turned around to thank him, he suddenly vanished..

I was slightly intrigued by this part, since the mysterious entity may be someone I had to fight in the near future..

I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to beating down old men, but if it was necessary, I would not hesitate..

I am merciless towards those who go against me, no matter who they are..

A silent rage was burning in my chest, further resolving my own self while I listened to the continuation of the story..

Apparently, after a few weeks of travel, they made it to this secluded village, far away from the cities, and met with Germundo by chance, begging him to let them stay here, but in confidence..

The reason why they couldn't cross the border to the east, was because they didn't have any identification, since only Jin's father was a member of the "Merchant Guild" and they would be treated as criminals without it..

Germundo was surprised at two beastmen showing up on his doorstep, but since they looked to be in need of help, he naturally accepted. Since he was taught by the previous chief, his father, to not judge others based on appearance, was the reason he gave me, when I asked why he did what he did..

This guy, is really big-hearted..

I thought to myself, changing my impression of the gruff village chief..

They were avoided at first, but with the chief's help, and active cooperation, the villagers naturally got used to seeing the two, mother and child, and started treating them as if they were villagers themselves..

I guess this village had little prejudice, considering the fact that it was saved by a member of the fairy race..

A few years had passed, and Jin started to play with Sharon, the chief's daughter, thus they became childhood friends that did almost everything together. They were enjoying their peaceful life here in the village..