Chapter 23: The Miracle Chef

"That looks pretty good on you.."

"Au, re-really?"

Anna-chan is blushing cutely while twirling around with the dress she's trying on..

"Un, we'll take this one too, please.."

I say to the smiling employee..

We are now shopping for clothes and everyday necessities inside a clothing shop we found while travelling through the business district, the shop was called, "Gemini City Tailoring" which was a pretty simple name, of course..

But it had a variety of selections from underwear to coats for winter, they even do custom-order clothes..

We've been buying everything we saw that we liked like there was no tomorrow..

I think that's why the shop employee-san is in a good mood..

"Hey, how about me, do I look cool like niichan?"

I felt a tug on the back of my coat and turn to see a blond-haired boy with green eyes wearing a black leather coat that seemed to be many sizes bigger than him, it does look amusing but I know he's trying to look like me..

I didn't even choose to look this way, you know?

It's just that they had cool effects, that's the only reason I'm wearing them..

I'm not living my middle-school days again, that's for sure..

Anyway, what Lute-kun is trying to do is so cute, I might faint..

And it made me think for a bit and question how can such a cute child be involved in a war..

But I felt that asking about it now, would be an invasion of privacy, so I restrain myself till he comes and tells me himself together with his sister..

"Haha, you do look like me, but I suggest finding clothes that fit you would be best.."

I pat his head and ruffle his hair a bit while talking..

"Ah, understood niichan!"

After he said that, he ran towards the displays..

Such a cute kid..

Hmm? How did I get these kids to talk to me?

Well, it's quite a long story actually..

What happened was..

I lead the way towards the business district and the two followed behind me..

I had decided to go buy clothes first, not thinking about anything else..

Since I thought, they wouldn't like staying in those rag-clothes for a long period of time..

After a while, I noticed that I was walking too fast, since the two were lagging behind, so I waited for them..

They noticed after a while, and they tried to move faster to catch up..

But when they did, they were out of breath and that was when I heard it..

Pretty loudly in fact..

*Gurururururururururu*

Both stomachs released a howl of hunger and I clearly heard it..

In fact, I think the whole city heard it..

Well, I decided to stop with the jokes and ask them about it..

{"Are you by any chance, hungry?"}