Chapter 24: Taking My First Quest

The next day, I woke up early as always, feeling like I was forgetting something..

But this time, I had to keep quiet since the elf children are still sleeping..

And quite soundly at that..

After I informed the innkeeper that I'm going out for a bit, I left the inn..

I went outside the city and trained once more as always..

After another refreshing session, I started to walk back to the city..

When I looked towards the direction of the rising sun, I suddenly noticed a malignant aura in the opposite direction..

It was just over the west horizon..

When I enhanced my sense, I could see..

What seemed to be..

An army, a huge one..

I got surprised a bit, and automatically observed the situation..

They numbered about a thousand..

The army seems to be entirely composed of [Goblin] variants..

Such as, [Goblin Knights], [Goblin Mages], [Goblin Archers], [Hobgoblin Raiders], but mostly [Goblins]..

Oh, and there's another one, a goblin bigger than all of them..

Right in the center of their formation..

A [Goblin King], huh?

I used to meet those sometimes in my training days, at first, I had trouble with their giant bodies and proportional strength, and the fact that I can't get to him easy because the subordinates would block my way..

Then, after a few tries, I managed to kill one..

After that, I got scolded by Master, but not for fighting a stronger opponent, mind you..

But for taking so long against a small fry..

Naturally, I complained about its enormous strength back then..

But, he would not listen to anything I said because he said that I was making excuses..

Instead, he taught me one of the ways to take advantage of an opponent's size and strength against itself..

But I couldn't do it properly since I was still a kid back then with an undeveloped body..

And so, after much reflection and deliberation, I incorporated the skills Master taught me into something I've learned back on earth, Judo..

I learned judo in hopes to make friends with other students by exchanging techniques..

But it only made it worse..

Since after I fought everyone, they were too afraid of me..

So much that, they skipped going to judo lessons altogether..

As a result, my instructor told me that I should quit, since his business was going to fail..

My dark history, out of many..

Well, after I did that, I started to beat [Goblin Kings] whenever I met them and didn't get a single scratch..

Oops, I was too busy thinking about my training days, they seem to be coming closer to the vicinity of the town..

Well, since it's been a while, let's try it shall we?

I thought to myself while stretching my arms in a circular motion, moving towards the [Goblin Army]..