Chapter 21: Dealing With Headaches

After parting with my newly-made friend, I kept walking westward towards the business district..

There are various food stalls, bars, restaurants, and the like with different enticing products with merchants calling various random people to sample their food..

Of course, I had to persevere until I knew the necessary prices and such..

Because I will have to pass on being scammed like being talked into buying something worthless with an astronomical price, but can't refuse since they will say things like: "It's a once-in-a-lifetime-offer you know?" or "This will make your wishes come true!" and such..

In fact, I fell for shady scammers selling fake charms and bracelets for high prices back in Japan..

I really thought they would work, so much that I got hooked into buying them again and again..

Well, I did wish to make 100 friends back then..(sigh)

Am I really that gullible..

So I decided to just keep walking..

Endure, me!

I say to myself while my eyes are swimming to various vegetables on the stalls which I have never seen before..

Ah, is it here?

I have now arrived at a building slightly different than the Adventurer's Guild..

Well, by slightly, I mean very different..

Because instead of a three-story building made like a house from medieval times..

It is a gigantic building about 3 houses wide..

The imposing size is nothing like I have ever seen before..

It has white walls coated with paint and glass windows..

And a sign written in a regal manner that reads, "The Merchant's Guild Gemini Branch"

It has slightly bigger oak doors with two guards? or what seemed to be adventurers at each side..

Ah, it's been a while, glass windows..

The last time, would be, let's see..

Yes, when I first woke up in this world as a baby in the Astrum household..

I wonder how they're doing now?

Well, I'm sure I'll get the chance to see them someday..

But I doubt they will remember me though..

Anyway, I put those thoughts out of my head and walk up to the guards..

"Um, is this the Merchant's Guild?"

I ask the scary-faced guards timidly..

"Ah? Oh, yes, this is it, you a merchant?"

The man on the left with brown hair answers back while the guy on the left was just staring at me..

Please don't be so suspicious of me like that..

I'm a kind person desuyo~

"No, no, I'm just here to ask questions about the currency since I'm from the countryside, you see?"

"Is that so? Well then, you may enter.."

He moves to the door and pushes it open..

"Thank you, I'm sorry for disturbing your duties.."

"It's no trouble.."

But that guy is narrowing eyes at me adventurer-san...

Please somehow tell him that I didn't do anything wrong..