Chapter 25: Spirit Magic

The sun's rays shine down upon the land..

Under its light, the grasslands in the vicinity of "Gemini City", one of the cities in the Meteora Kingdom..

In the southern area, a wide, lush forest filled with demonic beasts, the "Souzier Forest"..

Heading in this direction were three figures..

One black-clothed youth, with long white hair, a face with an eye-patch, covered by a hood, wearing a long, dark, leather coat, which would have made you think that it wasn't the right clothing to wear under this blistering heat, walking without a care, on the dirt road heading to the forest..

The other, lagging behind, a blonde-haired girl, with pure white skin, long pointy ears, wearing a green robe with added frills, and features, and holding a staff adorned with gleaming gems and crystals, which was taller than her, in one hand. Her small stature and her delicate features would lead you to believe she was a child of the elf race..

And finally, the energetic, little blond-haired boy with long ears, which would make you believe, that in the future, he would grow up to be one of the most handsome men on the planet, with a strange bow at his back, was leading the way, walking with a grin on his face, skipping from time to time..

"Hurry up, Niichan, Ann-neechan!"

Lute said with a tone of joy spiced with a tinge of excitement..

"I got it, don't run too far off now, okay?"

I said, in a scolding but carefree manner..

"Wa-wait, for me, Onii, Lute..."

I turn around and see the haggard Anna, clutching her new staff, the [Elemental Gem Staff] while she was slowly trying to walk faster, I guess we moved too fast for her? But I thought I was moving pretty slowly though..

Ah, it seems the heat is getting to her..

Yeah, the weather has been getting warmer each day..

But Lute seemed totally unaffected, is it because of the bow?

The composite bow Lute picked out from the Rodrick-san's shop was called the [Twin Gemini Bow] which, to my surprise, when I used my [Aura Eyes], it was said to be one of the 12 legendary weapons, "The Zodiac", and this weapon had the strange ability to use any of the ten elements, but with one restriction, the elements used can only be in opposition, meaning, if you want to use it, it had to be either; fire and water, earth and wind, ice and lightning, and finally, the light and darkness elements..

He must be using the cool air from the ice element to keep his body cold, how else would a kid like him, keep walking with a happy demeanor in this godforsaken heat..

I thought it was pretty lucky of Lute to get one of the legendary "Zodiac" for his first weapon..

I wonder if his luck stat was really high..

I struggled with myself on whether I should use [Aura Eyes] on them like a creep, or don't and protect their privacy..

After much deliberation, I chose the latter, since I wouldn't want them to hate me..

Well, it's only for now, but I can't guarantee anything in the future..

Since Anna didn't have any energy left, I knelt down on the ground and said to her..

"If you're tired of walking, I could carry you all the way there.."

I say while showing my back and putting my hands behind me before her..