Chapter 32: Glimmer Village

Start from the beginning

I was impressed at the silent killing intent, to which I noticed later than usual..

As I was thinking that, a sword swing was coming at me from the side..

It seemed to be a warrior who had gashes and wounds, while bleeding from his mouth, showing an enraged expression towards me. He was holding his iron sword with both hands firmly, but I could tell that his legs were shaking and they were about to give out..

This one had eyes that said he was going to sacrifice his own self just to fight..

A burning passion that believes that he was doing the right thing..

While the two combined their efforts in attacking me, I nimbly dodged every single one until they had exhausted their stamina and arrows, falling to the cold, soft, snowy ground..

The other girl that was crying on the ground was trying to chant a spell towards the collapsed two..

In total, four people..

Just as I was thinking of not getting involved..

{"U-um, I a-am Lena, a hunter, and these are my friends and party members, they did not know that you saved us, so please forgive us.."}

With those words that had stutters at the beginning, she proceeded to bow, dropping all of her body down, onto the cold ground, rubbing her forehead against the snow..

This was what you would call, a sincere apology..

Only most people would do this in Japan, and I was one who saw these gestures everyday. But this, this was genuine..

Her apology was different from those who were just trying to save face, but had hidden agendas after. She was abandoning her pride in order to save her impolite and misunderstood friends..

I was somehow moved by this, so I decided to calm down right then and there..

After I did, I made the girl named Lena stand up from the freezing ground, and after, I made her explain the situation..

It turns out that they were just a hunting party that got attacked by those small fry, which they called one of the strongest demonic beasts. I was just caught up in the crossfire just when the beast was about to eat them..

Well, I could blame it on the fact that I was walking, while simultaneously thinking of trying out new aura skills..

If I look back, that time, I had my new skill, [Taunt Aura] in effect..

So, it was not entirely their fault, since I brought it upon myself..

After that, they asked me if I had any potions, since they would use it to heal their two fallen comrades..

I told them no, which made them dejected, and depressed..

But instead, I walked up to the warrior first, and examined his pulse, body condition, and wounded organs..

The other one just had a severe loss of stamina, so I payed him no mind..

This was the perfect situation to try out one of my theories, which I thought of while I was travelling..

Specifically, if I could use aura magic to transfer to someone else..

I told the others to stand back, and let me use my magic..

They were reluctant to part, but Lena told them that I was a trustworthy person..

This girl was too trusting of someone she had just met, that if I was a strange person, I would have taken advantage of her. But since I don't have that type of hobby, I let it go as just naivety..