Chapter 25: Spirit Magic

Start from the beginning

"Au, i-is it really okay, Onii?"

I get worried about her face suddenly turning red like a tomato, but I blamed it on the sun's rays..

She slowly walks up to me and almost reluctantly gets onto my back and clings to my neck..

Yosh, I put my hands on Anna's backside, she moves a little, but there were no problems..

Yes, no problems at all, calm down me..

She's a child, she's still a child, this is not right..

I chant repeatedly inside my thoughts like it was a mantra..

I will not succumb to the will of a certain cartoon bear back in the other world..

After I got my mind in order, we continued walking to the forest..

When we made it inside the forest entrance, I put down Anna from my back onto the ground gently..

I saw that she was reluctant to part from me when I put her down but..

No, I must have been imagining it..

Then, I look towards the forest path and use my enhanced senses to check the surroundings..

I try to expand it to 500 meters in front of me, in a semicircular arc range..

I saw multiple responses but most were far from our location, and some were harmless..

I try to look for the movements and breathing pattern of a [Goblin] among them..

Ah, I got it. 200 meters east of here, 5 groups of [Goblins] seem to be wandering around that area..

Each group consisted of 3-4 [Goblins] from a rough estimation according to my perception..

"Okay, I spotted some of them over there, let's move, but be careful.."

As we moved closer to the area, multiple beasts sensed us and started moving towards our direction..

Now, I could have let them meet, but I decided that for their first battle, was to be against the [Goblins]..

So, without letting the elf children notice, I used [Aura Sword Creation] in a 10 meter radius around me..

And when one of them entered my range, an [Aura Sword] impales them from the back of their head..

I learnt this kind of tactics from my battle with Master, I thought that if I couldn't use [Unlimited Aura Blades] normally, I could use a lesser version of it, by extending a field of aura around myself, the most I could create at one time, in this state, was only a measly number of twenty [Aura Swords] or ten [Nameless Aura Swords], by which the latter was stronger than the former, of course..

I still have a lot to learn, if I'm ever going to fight the four heroes..

After about thirty demonic beasts were killed, they finally learned their lesson and started to stay away from us..

Animals usually trust their instincts after all..

When we made it just outside the range of one of the [Goblin] troops, we hid behind the tall bushes and shrubs, and started our reconnaissance..

We found out, that this group was composed of four [Goblins] and they wore rusty armor and held chipped weapons like daggers and knives, and they seemed to be patrolling the area or something..

"Okay, we're hunting these guys for today's quest, so I want you guys to show me your skills, if anything goes wrong, I'll take care of it somehow, but I need you guys to take every precaution, okay?"