Chapter 16: Inheritance

Start from the beginning

While I'm doing that, I cut the potatoes, carrots and other various veggies into thin slices and put them inside the pot..

I season it lightly and then I move on to the meat..

What I'm going to make is my "Steak and Soup Set"..

Yes, I'm not good at names, sue me..

But it's delicious, you know?

I got praised by Master when he tasted it..

So I think that's good..

Anyway, I cut a slab of meat and render the fat off carefully..

I finished it in 5 seconds..

What, a practiced hand moves well in the kitchen..

After that, I slice the meat into bite-sized pieces and rub various spices on my hands..

I make them absorb the various flavors by coating them in the spices while holding it in my hands..

Carefully molding them into raw pieces of coated meat..

When I finish, I place them into the soup broth to make a kind of pork-flavored soup..

I season the soup lightly when I'm done and leave the lid on the pot to avoid it getting cold..

Now, moving on to the main dish..

I use a larger knife to fully cut the meat into steak sizes..

And I render the fat in a skillful manner taking all the fat away into preservation to make lard in the future..

After they were spread out on the table, I do the same thing by coating each in various flavorings and spices..

But this time, I add the glaze and marmalade coating in order to give a certain sweetness to it..

It was an arduous task since there was so much to season..

But I know this will all pay off soon..

I begin taking out the pans and heat them..

I then take out the cooking wine and oil and spread it on each pan and add  a stick of butter around them..

After I determined it was at the right state for cooking..

I place 6 steaks into each of the 6 pans..

I can hear the sizzling sounds of juicy meat being in contact with a low flame..

*Gurururururururururu*

*Gulp*

Be patient, me..

I know I'm hungry and this even further stimulates my appetite..

So I must control myself even though I know I haven't eaten for days according to my stomach..

And by the time I noticed it, the sun was going down..

Well, I guess it's gonna be dinner then..

I then go back to concentrating on the meat..

While it absorbs the flavors, I carefully and seriously watch if the other side is cooked already or not..

I mean my eyeballs are literally moving to each pan at breakneck speeds..

I'm amazed how hunger can force you to do crazy things..

After one side is cooked at the optimal temperature, I flip it over to the other side..

When it's all cooked, I put them on plates at my sides..