The first door opens, a man stepping out, dressed to impress as he fixes the sash that crosses his chest, one of bronze silk. The bronze sash will be worn by every Alpha unless they come from noble or royal descent, then they will wear silver. The first Alpha has his luggage taken by a few footmen and he nods to his driver, turning to face the King. As the Alpha walks up the steps, my nerves rise, wondering how he will perceive me.

Alphas from the human world do not have the same opinion of rogues as those of noble or royal descent. Those Alphas and packs from the human world see rogues as betrayers, deceivers, criminals, unworthy.

However, this Alpha, the second he lays eyes on me, I can see the struggle upon his face to not spit at me. Of course he would spit if the King was not here and I was not beside him or of any importance to him. All Alphas are used to killing rogues or torturing them without a second thought.

"King Zion," the Alpha greets, bow his head in respect as he then goes to me. "And whom is this Lady you have by your side?" He asks the King, and I also wonder the same thing. What will I be introduced as?

"Lady Sybil, a very precious person," he replies, the Alpha nodding as he bows his head to me and walks bye, but still taking in my scent. The scent of an outcast.

"That was a strange way of introducing me," I mutter to the King as the next Alpha leaves his car, the same routine as he bows his head to the King. Zion replies with the same description of who I am. "Very vague too," I add, watching as a small smile tugs at his lips.

"Maybe vague is best for now," he comments as I sigh.

"A very precious person is also strange."

"Who should I introduce you as, Sybil?" He asks, looking my way as another Alpha exits his car, this time with his Luna. Right away, judgment flashes through the Luna's gaze upon me and I feel my throat dry.

Looking to meet his golden orbs, I shrug. "Just as a friend," I suggest, only for his smile to be replaced by a smirk.

"King Zion," the Alpha and Luna greet as Zion takes hold of my hand, sending a very different signal than friends. "Who is this lovely woman?"

Zion looks to me, smiling as a welcoming jester before he turns back to the couple. "This is Lady Sybil, a very dear friend of mine," he replies and the couple goes off into the palace.

"The emphasis gave a different meaning," I exclaim, my jaw clenching slightly as the King softly chuckles. "Very different."

"I did what you suggested," he replies and we greet the next Alpha.

After a good thirty minutes, fifteen Alphas and about seven Lunas have gone bye, the next one coming up.

Just as the car door opens, I feel my eyebrows raise as a slender and long leg peaks through a slit of a silky red dress, a bronze sash crossing her chest, and a beautiful face matching that body. A female Alpha, about ten in the Empire, and also quite the sight. I've heard of this one, Alpha Penelope Shannon, one damn good fighter and also her mate is human.

"King Zion," she greets as she reaches the top of the stairs, King Zion flashing her a smile, but one not that same. This one is different, this one shows that he is up to something, how it's lopsided, how it's almost sarcastic.

"Alpha Shannon," he greets, watching as she slightly bows her head, her long and beautiful red hair falling over her face as she does so. "Long time no see."

"The same here, and who is this lovely piece of rogue?" I'm taken back, how she insults me under what would seem as a friendly question. "She must be special." The woman's eyes rank over me, taking me in as I shift from foot to foot.