Chapter 22 - Visiting home

'Dan?' She mumbled. Her face was like she had seen a ghost.
'Hi mum.' I replied, not knowing what to do. Phil was holding my hand, but slightly behind my back, he squeezed it for reassurance.
'Honey, who's at the do-' my dad paused,
'He is alive!' My mum cried out suddenly, running and squeezing me tight. 'Oh, I missed you, so so much! We heard nothing from you, and you never answered your calls..'
'Its okay, I'm fine!' I chimed. Hugging her back.

'Come in, please!' She smiled, pushing me through the door. The house was almost exactly the same. But had a more glum feel to it. 'Oh. When we leave tonight, I'll take the rest of my stuff, if that is okay?' I asked,
'Yeah, we haven't really touched your room, the police did around 2 months ago, but they didn't take anything.' Police?
'Okay..' I spoke unsure 'So, how has everyone been?'
'Good, yeah, since you went missing, your dad came back, as I panicked most nights and worried about you.' I felt guilt. While I was having a great time in London, my own mother was panicking, I could have picked up the phone.
'So where do you live?' She smiled.'I'm fine with you living there by the way, I have accepted the fact, plus since your 17, you are aloud to move out with parents approval, and I approve,'
'Thanks, oh. This is Phil by the way dad, my boyfriend.' I smiled, guessing mum had told him I was gay.
Oh okay.' He spoke, his voice cracked at little, unsure. I shrugged it off.
'So Phil, how old are you?' My dad asked.
'I am 18 currently!' He smiled out, 'I have a job part time in Sainsbury's at the moment, and Dan actually is planing on going into a university in London,'
'Excellent, don't waste away your education over this boy. Dan.' My dad spoke. I felt anger rise, it was only time before he'd make a comment.
'Dad, Phil is the best thing that ever happened to me.'
'Nothing lasts forever, you might break up soon, and you left school half way through, how do you expect to succeed in life by just having a petty boyfriend who works at Sainsbury's.'
I shivered. I regret coming. I wanted to leave. God only knew what Phil was thinking about my family. I could feel his body tense up next to me.
'That is so rude!' My mum spoke out, seeing that Phil was hurt. I leaned on his shoulder and rubbed his back to comfort him.
'Look at him, he is upset over a little insult, it's pathetic,' my dad continued.

'Phil, we are getting my things and going!' I ordered, pushing him up the stairs..
'That was over the top?!' My mum said to dad.
'He is fucking bumming our son!' He spoke, 'you never told me Dan was a faggot!' I let a tear fall, as I walked to the top step and turned to get to my room.
'Dickhead.' I grumbled under my breath, packing everything into boxes.
'Nothing compared to my mum..' Phil sobbed.
'Shh, this is why I didn't want to be back here, we see our parents, and it upsets us!' I mumbled into his ear, as I cuddled him from behind. We packed up all my Xbox games, and Phil got my television off my wall, we took all my films, the rest of my clothes and shoes and all the other things that I could have into my room and the rest of the house. The room was completely empty, like a hotel room.

We walked down the stairs, Phil went straight to the car with the first box, as I bought everything down the stairs. After about seven boxes and a suitcase, we were done.

'Bye.' I spoke through to my parents, who were sitting in silence in the lounge,
'Please come visit?' My mum smiled.
'No.' I replied. Walking away, Phil had already started the engine, and I got in, closed my eyes, as Phil drove us back to London.

'It doesn't matter, don't worry to much about it Dan.' Phil smiled, but i couldn't believe how harsh my own father was. I loved Phil, I could never imagine life without him. I feel disgusted by my own father.