Chapter 2 - Lost

It was dark, we weren't allowed our phones, we had to face down, closing our eyes, get spun around then left to count out loud to 20.

'I need this vodka!' I whispered to myself, knowing this camp was going to be hell, at least I could get wasted and I wouldn't  remember any of it. I reached 20 and began wondering around.

The wood was dark, with only a few lights from the moon and a few lamps they have dotted around the wood. It was also creepy, like everybody was creeping round, but yet nobody was there.

- - -

I have been walking for over an hour, I am tired and just want to sleep. It rained for ten minutes, so I'm soaking wet, I think I'm getting further away, rather than closer. Every noise sent a new type of shiver down my spine.

'Dan?' I heard, it was almost silent, despite it being somebody shouting. It was a chance to not be alone, for me to stop feeling scared, so I took it, running in the direction of the voice as it grew louder. 'Hello?' I mumbled, as I reached where the screaming was from.
'Hi.' I heard, turning around, I was greeted by two similar looking blue eyes, Phil.
'Hey, are you okay?' I asked, walking closer to him, he had hid himself behind the tree.
'Er, do you- know where we- are?' He mumbled, shifting around, his voice sounding tired.
'No, sorry. I thought you would be back by now?' I replied. Studying Phil more closely, he looked like he had been crying.

'Whats the matter?'

'I- don't like, being in er- woods- and I hate the- dark...' He stuttered, letting a few more tears drop.

'Then why do this? You could have said no!'

'You wanted to do it, I didn't want to ruin your fun.' Without hesitating, I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tight as he cried into my shoulder, trembling and sniffing, I rubbed circles in his back to calm him down. 'It's okay man, it's only a game, we aren't going to get hurt.'

'Thanks.' He whispered, after a few minutes minutes, once he had calm down, I smiled at him, grabbing his hand and holding it tight.
'Lets go back, come on.' Without a reply, I began to walk, pulling him along with me, but it felt like we were only getting deeper into the wood. 'It's almost half 12!' Phil whispered, scanning a look at his phone. Phone. Phones have maps! I pulled Phil's phone out his hand, beginning to locate his map page.

'You idiot!' I laughed.

'I hid it so I could use it but then I must have forgot.' Phil mumbled, his voice shaking a little.

- - -

As we trailed out the wood, we could see a light on in our mini house, still hand in hand, we walked towards it. It must have been the first time I saw Phil smile. 'Alright, are you okay now?' I whispered, as I pushed to door open, breaking our entwined hands. 'Yes, thank you Dan!' He whispered once more, hugging me from behind as I finished opening the door, we both then walked in and took off our shoes before running up the stairs beside each other.

'ABOUT TIME!' Sam laughed, as we walked into the bedroom.
'Who won?' Jake smiled pulling up the vodka.
'Dan did.' Phil whispered, pulling the vodka out of Jake's hand and placing it onto my bed. He then crawled into his bed, slightly shaking from previous events.
'Well done Dan!' Jake laughed, as he changed into his pyjamas in the spare room. Once changed. I climbed into bed, smiling to myself as the light went off.

- - -

I felt a tap on my shoulder, making me jump up.
'Phil?' I whispered, as I saw his face peering up at me. 'What do you want?' I said, a lot more harshly than I intended.
'Can- it's- dark will-you- come to bathroom?' He mumbled, despite the darkness, I could tell he was terrified.
'Okay.' I smiled, pulling myself out the bed and onto the floor, he put my hand in his, and we walked down stairs to the small bathroom.

I waited outside, as we used it. Checking the time, it was almost 4AM, bless him. I bet he waited a while till he asked me.

Phil seems like a really nice guy.

- - -

'Sorry- for waking you.' He whispered, as we walked back up the stairs.
'You can wake me up, whenever!' I replied, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze. He let out a quiet giggle as we walked back up to the bedroom.
'Night.' I whispered, wrapping my arms around him.
'Good-night.' He mumbled.

I climbed up to my bunk and lay awake, Phil made me feel something different when he hugged me just then. I can't put my finger on the emotion, but it was nice. I hope I get that feeling again.