Prologue

Charlie's P.O.V.
"Charlie come here!" my mom shouted.
Groaning, I lazily get up from my bed dragging my feet down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom had called from. To my surprise, there stood a young girl who looked about my age with dark brown straight silky hair and sparkly chocolate brown eyes, she was breathtakingly beautiful. Next to her was a lady who had similar features as her and looked like she was in about her early 20s, probably her mom.
"Charlie this is Ms. Teefey and her daughter Selena, they are our new neighbors." My mom said with a smile.
Considering nothing very exciting happens here in Grand Prairie, Texas I think Selena is definitely an exception.
"Hi Charlie, what a handsome young boy you are."
"Hi Ms. Teefey and thank you." she seemed like a nice lady.
"Please, just call me Mandy." she said cheerfully.
"Selena, why don't you go hang out with Charlie?" Mandy said to the brunette beauty.
"Yeah, go ahead Selena. You guys can go hang out in Charlie's room and Mandy and I will stay here in the kitchen and talk." My mom suggested.
"Ok, follow me." I say while looking into Selena's beautiful chocolate brown eyes."
Selena follows me up the carpeted stairs and finally into my somewhat messy room. Both of us decide to sit on the same edge of my Power Ranger themed bed.
After a good amount of awkward silence I'm the first to speak.
"So, tell me about yourself Selena."
"Ok, well I'm nine years old, I like the color green, I'm part Italian and Mexican and my full name is Selena Marie Gomez." man her voice is so smooth.
"Why is your last name Gomez while your moms is Teefey?" I ask with curiosity.
"Oh well my mom and real dad got a divorce when I was young and then my mom got remarried to my stepfather Brian Teefey." she says while staring down at her lap fiddling with her fingers.
"Oh, that makes sense."
"So how about you, tell me about yourself." She tells me while looking straight into my eyes.
For some reason I feel my whole face get warm and my hands start to feel sweaty. Is it because she made me feel nervous? I have no idea.
"I too am nine years old, I like the color red and my full name is Charles Otto Puth but most of my friends and family call me Charlie." She smiles at my answer.
"So I see you like the Power Rangers she says while looking at my bedding, I'm guessing your favorite is the red ranger?" She says with a smirk.
"Correct. I'm guessing yours is the green?"
"Ironically it's the pink ranger, but nice try." She replies with a cute giggle.
"So what do you wanna do, I'm bored?" She asks while slowly sliding off my bed.
"We can go to that park down the street." I suggested.
"Sure, let's go." She replied back while grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of my room and down the stairs.
"Mom, Selena and I are gonna head to the park." I yell while passing the entrance of the kitchen.
"Okay sweetie, just be back by five." She replies.
"Alright." I check the clock reading 4:15, that's about 45 minutes to hang there.
***
"Let's go down the slide." Selena says excitedly.
"Fine." I reply back while climbing up the stairs.
"Wee." She exclaims gleefully while going down. I do the same.
"Race you across the monkey bars." She says her eyes show that she's ready for this challenge.
"You're on." I reply back with a wide smirk.
We race across the monkey bars I'm in the lead at first but Selena soon manages to catch up.
Going as fast as I can I accidentally miss a bar causing my hands to slip and my body fall on the ground.
At first it was sore but I felt better within seconds.
"Yes!" She shouts in celebration after making it to the other side while jumping up and down not noticing that I'm on the ground.
"Oh my gosh Charlie are you ok?" She suddenly stops and comes running to my side.
"No." I groan out before grabbing her arm pulling her down with me as I start cracking up.
"Aww come on and that wasn't funny, I really thought you were hurt." She says with a bit off disappointment as she continues to lye down next to me.
"Ok, I'm sorry." I reply back as I stop laughing.
"I'm just messing with you." She says before laughing as well.
"Promise me something Charlie?" She asks after our laughter soon begins to die down.
"Yes of course. What is it?"
"Promise we'll stay best friends forever?" She asks me while holding out her pinky.
"I promise." I reply back while wrapping my pinky around her pinky.
***
Uhh how I hate high school. I somehow managed to get through my freshman and sophomore year and am now a junior. Selena and I have managed to stay close all these years, the two of us are inseparable. We go to each others games and have hang outs at each others houses on a weekly basis. I was there for her when she was bullied by the annoying stuck up bitches in middle school and she was there for me when I was bullied by piece of shit jocks. Selena's popularity grew, she's a cheerleader and soccer star and is one of the most popular girls in school. It was probably because of her easygoing sweet personality, she was always kind to everyone. Adding on, she had the attention of pretty much all the guys as well, with her flawless body and stunning looks that would easily have them drooling. I on the other hand, remained pretty average. I'm on the basketball team and sure I'm somewhat popular but not as popular as Selena. But through it all, we still remain best friends.
"Sup Charles." Selena smiles while tackling me into one of her tight bear hugs.
God she was so sexy.
"Sup Selly bear." I say while wrapping an arm around her shoulder.
"Ready for our movie night tonight?" I ask with glee.
"Yeah about that. Can we reschedule to another night? Justin asked if I wanted to hang out with him tonight."
"Wait as in Justin Bieber? You know how I feel about him Sel." I tell her with annoyance.
Justin Bieber was the star quarterback for our high school football team and the one guy that I absolutely can not stand. He was cocky, arrogant, never did his work and had all the girls drooling.
"Yeah, but come on Charlie, give him a chance." She says pleadingly.
"Aww don't give me that face." I tell her as she gives me the cute puppy dog face.
"C'mon Charlie, please."
"Okay fine." I reply back as she jumps up down gleefully while shouting yay.
"Thanks Charlie." She whispers in my ear as she pulls me in for another hug.
If only she knew.
***
Ever since Selena and Justin have started dating, we hardly hang out anymore.
"What do you mean cancel!? This is your fifth time already Selena!" I shout with anger through the phone.
"I know, I'm sorry Charlie it's Just-."
"I don't want anymore excuses about that asshole, we hardly hang out anymore Sel." I say with teary eyes.
"I'm sorry Charlie, I promise I'll make it up to you." I hang up the phone before letting tears stream down my cheeks, I'm losing my best friend to some asshole jock.
***
A couple weeks have gone by since Selena and I last spoke through the phone. Since then we've only exchanged hellos, I also once saw Justin and Selena making out in the hallway, he was grasping her but while his tongue was clearly down her throat. It absolutely disgusted me seeing her with that asshole. I admit I've had a crush on Selena since the day we first met when I was nine but Justin clearly doesn't deserve a sweet, beautiful girl like Selena.
I was leaning against my locker minding my own business when I heard the asshole himself Justin trying to talk to me. "Selena's so good in bed." He moaned.
"What did you say?" I asked, I could already feel the steam beginning to build up.
"You heard me, Selena's so good in bed." I slammed Justin against the lockers pulling him by the collar of his shirt.
The thought of Justin stripping Selena and seeing her naked killed me.
"She would never." I spat in his face.
"Oh but she would, she was moaning my name as I slammed into her, her pussy so tight and her big boobs bouncing up and down with every hard thrust, her body is so perfect. Oh and the way her mouth wrapped around my dick as she sucked me off, God damn." He continued.
That's it, I couldn't hold it in I punched him right in the face. Justin immediately fought back.
"Justin, Charlie stop!" I hear a female voice shout, it's Selena, she separates the two of us.
"What happened!?" Selena asks with concern.
"Justin's bragging about you losing your v-card to him, which I know is all a lie and his chance to get on my nerves. Tell me it's not true Sel."
I see Selena looking down at her feet as Justin wraps his arm around her shoulder. "Oh it is." He says with an evil smirk.
"Selena?" I ask with teary eyes. She looks back at me her voice silent.
How could this be, why in the fuck would she lose her virginity to this fuck boy? I was so enraged.
"That's it, we made a promise to each other that we'd be best friends forever but I just can't take it anymore." I say with hurt.
"What are you saying Charlie?" Her voice full of sorrow.
"It's either him or me." I say pointing to Justin followed by myself.
"I'm sorry I can't Charlie." She replies with tears in her eyes while Justin holds her into a side hug kissing her gently on the forehead.
"Fine." I scoff as tears stream down my face.
***
Ever since that day, Selena and I haven't spoken. We recently graduated from our high school and she's still dating that asshole Justin. Selena along with her family have also moved away to God knows where. I hate to admit it but after all those years I've never stopped loving her, it's just that we don't talk anymore.

Hey guys how'd you like this? Be sure to give this chapter a star & comment down below. Hope y'all are having a good day. :)
~Summer