22│HIDE AND SEEK

I SAT ON my desk, while working on another case. "Hey." A voice that I knew too well said, behind me. I turned to face him with a small smile. "What are you doing?" Oliver asked me, looking down at me. 

"Working." I answered, picking up a file that Laurel needed to further built up the next case against Edward Ramus. Then realization came to me. I looked up to Oliver with an apolengentic look. "Lunch. Right. I forgot." I aplogized. 

Oliver shrugged at me. "If it's important, it's fine." Oliver said to me, picking up a photo of me, him and Tommy. He chuckled when he saw the image. "You still have this?" Oliver asked me. I nodded at him. 

"It's always seating next to my desk. Keeps me happy." I told Oliver. 

"Are you saying that I do indeed keep you happy? What if I just hang around all day long? Will you be happy all the time?" Oliver asked me. 

I gave him a shy smile. "I will indeed." I told him. "I'm sorry. I never miss lunch, or dinner or even breakfast with you. I'm a horrible friend, and I know it." I told Oliver. 

Oliver scoffed, leaning towards me. "A terrible friend will not have come to my aid, when injured." Oliver whispered in my ear. I smiled at him. 

"You finally admit you needed help. Good job." I told him back, turning back to the computer. 

"Either way. I have to catch up on some paper work for the club. I'm way behind since Tommy left." Oliver said to me. I looked up to him with a small frown. 

"What?" I asked him. Oliver leant on my desk, giving me a shy smile. 

"He quit last night. Said...that I should trust him more." Oliver explained to me. "I can't really say the exact words without giving away my secret." Oliver added. I nodded at him, understanding his situation. 

"Clara." Laurel called out, making me turned around to face her. I gave her a small wave. "And Oliver. Now, that does not surprise me." Laurel said to them.

"Oliver, this is Eric Moore, and his wife Nancy." I told Oliver, pointing at the couple that were standing next to Laurel. 

"And I'm prepping them for a deposition for tomorrow." Laurel said, waving at Oliver. 

Oliver looked at me, and then at the small boy behind the Moores. "And this must be their body guard." Oliver joked, causing me to laugh. 

"This is our son, Taylor." Nancy said to Oliver. 

I waved at the small little boy of Nancy and Eric. "Hello. How you doing?" I asked him. I stood up from my desk, kneeling down in front of the young boy. "I bet you are probably powered out of your mind. But let me tell you on a little secret: I have some secret toys you can play with meanwhile?" I told him quietly. His parents laughed at me. The boy hesitated before nodding. I walked towards my desk, pulling out a small Batman action figure. "Here you go. I keep it because it remind me of my home." I told him, smiling at him. 

"Thank you, Ms.Wayne." He mumbled, accepting the toy. 

"A Batman action figure?" Oliver whispered at me. I smiled at him. 

"Kids love it." I whispered back. 

"I catch you later then." Oliver said to me. He turned to my clients. "You are on the best hands. It was nice to meet you." Oliver told them before leaving. 

I motioned Taylor to seat on my chair, while I talked to his parents. "Eric, Nancy. I want to make sure you two are up for this. Edward Rasmus isn't known for playing with kid gloves, and this might get a little rough." Laurel explained to them.