Charles - memories

Erik thrusted out his arm, moving the missiles and bombs back at the innocent people on those ships. Those poor, innocent, people. I tackled him, distracting him momentarily. I reached for his helmet, if I could only freeze him for a second, I could stop this. He rolled over on top of me and struck me in the cheek, deterring me momentarily. I got to my feet, Moira began shooting at Erik, Erik deflecting the bullets. A sharp pain erupted on my lower back. My feet went out from under me. Erik rushed to me, holding me close. He began choking Moira by the dog tag chain around her neck. "This is all your fault!" He yelled. "No, Erik, it's yours." I choked out through the shock and pain. He dropped her, commanding the others to stay back. "We want the same things!" He cried. "No, my friend, we do not." I disagreed. He beaconed over Moira, Moira now holding me. He then took Raven and left. Just left. And as the others scrambled towards me and Hank told me not to move, I realized- "I can't feel my legs."

I woke in a cold sweat, tears rolling down my face. I began to sob. Erik had done it, he had taken my sister and left me, paralyzed, on a beach in Cuba. I checked the clock next to me. Eight seventeen. I pulled myself into my newly necessary chair and broke down. "My best friend shot me." I whispered at no one. "He shot me and left me." None of the voices in my mind could comprehend this pain. I pushed hard on the wheels and left the room in a huff, stopping to wipe my eyes. The others could not see my pain. I sensed Hank enter the room. "Professor, you've got late start today, eh?" He smiles. He tries to make me happy and he is just so adorable. He is like a little brother. I can't help but crack a smile and ask "Hank, would you like some tea?" I could hear him contemplating in his mind. "Yes, I think tea will be okay." He finally says. I smile and go off into the kitchen. I come back, balancing the tea on my numb legs, not spilling any luckily. I hand the tea to Hank. I leave the room again and listen in to Hank's thoughts. 'DAMMIT ERIK! Why did you have to do this? Why Charles? Why him?' Hank thought. I don't think he sensed my presence in the room, so he startled, startling me in the process. I looked down. My tea had spilled a little, getting a drop on the midsection of my thigh. Not much, just a dot. I grabbed the teacup and repositioned it, finishing my journey. It had only been three weeks but it felt like eternity, stuck in this thing. I positioned myself facing Hank across the coffee table and set my tea on the table. Hank offered a sad smile. "You can talk to me, Hank." I comforted. "No, no you're going through enough already." He says quietly. "Hank you're in distress, I can feel it. Talk to me." I said gently. "Erik...Erik just why did he do it?" Hank said, a silent tear sliding down his face. I transferred onto the couch next to him, side hugging him. "It's okay, Hank. I'm okay." A patch of blue appeared on his skin. "No...no...he hurt you...you-he hurt you, Charles..." Hank cried into my shoulder. "I have nightmares...about that damn beach in Cuba..." Hank whispered. "I know, Hank, me too...me too."