•15•

Hey there Weirdos,

Okay so this chapter took a long time to write since I couldn't think of anything else to write. so i reread the selection books and that gave me inspiration to write this chapter.

This chapter is a little but longer than the other ones but hey...you guys have been waiting for this.

Little side note before the chapter; we're gonna pretend Theseus isn't the son of poseidon. okay? because if it was then a huge part of the story wouldn't make sense.

~Also I changed the cover...what do you guys think?

~Gonna leave on top a video of my fav anime character in the world. OIKAWA TOORU.

Here is the chapter....idk if you will like it, I'm not so sure if I do. Comment and tell me what you think.

~

I stand in silence as Reyna's coffin was buried. A few tears slid down my face. Damn the rebels, why did they have to do this?! The funeral was beautiful but sad. Reyna's parents flew in and her entire family was here grieving. Her family did not deserve this, Reyna was supposed to live a happy healthy life.

I turned around to look at Percy and he seems sad as well. I can't not begin to describe how much pain he must be feeling. A selected died in his own home and he couldn't do anything about it. Queen Sally shed some tears and King Poseidon remained silent but I could tell he was mad.

The funeral ended and we all went back to the palace. I walked until I reached my room and once I entered my room, I started to cry. I couldn't believe the rebels could kill any of us that easily.

"Annabeth its alright. Reyna is in a better place, dont worry" Ruby says hugging me.

I smile and wipe my tears "of course she is Ruby"

I walk to the bathroom and take a long bath to recollect my thoughts.

~

"Due to the tragic death of Lady Reyna, you selected will no longer be aloud to go outside. If you have to then you must take a couple of guards with you. This is to make sure of your safety, we also have to know where you are at all times." The King says with a serious tone.

We all nod and continue eating our dinner. Piper was trying to make a conversation with me but I just ignored her completly. I look forward to where Rachel was sitting and the empty spot beside her.

I sigh "I'm sorry Piper, I'm not in the mood to talk right now"

Piper nods "It's okay Annabeth. I'll tell you the story later on, when you're feeling better"

I nod and continue eating my dinner. I caught Percy looking at me and I smile and shake my head. As much as Percy was trying to make me feel better, nothing seemed to work.

Once dinner was officially over, I walked back to my room and sat on my balcony. I was drawing silently until I heard a knock on the door.

Ruby walked over to me "It's Prince Percy" She says

I look at her "Let him in" I say and continue to draw.

She turns around and lets him in and excuses herself, leaving Percy and I alone.

Percy comes behind me and wraps his arms around me. Warmth filled my body and I stood up and hugged him properly. I didn't know I needed this hug so badly.

Percy kisses my head "It's okay Annabeth, let it all out."

I started crying "It's not fair! Reyna and I were just becoming friends when the stupid rebels had to kill her. Why do they do that?! Killing people is wrong, like do they have no common sense?!"